The Royal Eswatini Sugar Corporation Limited (RES), located in the north-eastern Lowveld is one of the largest companies in Eswatini. We grow more than 21, 000 hectares of sugarcane and produce an excess of 430, 000 tonnes of sugar in a normal season as well as high grade fermentation extra neutral ethanol. Our vision is to be the leading producer and marketer of sugar and renewable energy, and we understand that in order to achieve that, we need to provide the best possible environment for opportunity, advancement & reward. Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced candidates for the above position tenable under the Public Affairs Department within the Corporate Administration Division.
Main Purpose of Job
To crystalize sucrose from mother liquor to specified size and colour for purposes of Expert and Consumption.
Required Minimum Education/Training
- A minimum of O’ Level or equivalent certificate
- 5 year apprenticeship in Pan boiling
- Sugar Manufacture Module 1-9
- N3 Mechanical Engineering
Required Minimum Work Experience
2 years Post Apprenticeship.
Key Performance/Results Areas & Key Tasks
- Boiling massecuite or seed aiming at highest possible mother liquor exhaustion by crystallizing sucrose into sugar from a solution in vacuum pans.
- Optimizing operations through boiling pans on auto or semi-automatic and good knowledge of page lay-out of the DSC.
- Monitoring and visually checking stock levels by looking at percentage indication of each vessel from the DCS namely liquor storage tanks and strike receivers and adjusting boiling cycles accordingly.
- Observing and reporting abnormal situations and condition to Shift Leader and highlighting bottle neck situations and any problems related to pan boiling.
- Overhauling and servicing various equipment in the process house on stop days and off crop.
- Supervising and training apprentice Pan Boilers and Pan Assistants as well as crews that might be assigned to pan boiler on stop day and off crop to ensure proper acquaintance with job requirements.
- Participating in all IMS activities as per the Safety Standards and policies.
We attract, develop & retain skills in all disciplines that work together to keep our agriculture estates & factories at world-class levels. We are a Great Company; with a Great Culture; investing in Great Leaders, offering Great Jobs & providing Great Rewards.
Looking for a great future?
THEN COME GROW WITH US.