PSI/Eswatini, a member of the PSI global network, aims to improve the health of the people of Eswatini. PSI/Eswatini seeks to recruit the following position. This position is contingent on funding. For more information or complete job description, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job title: Part-time AGYW Digital Ambassadors (4)
Department: Adolescent and Youth
Based: Hhukwini, Mtfongwaneni & Ntondozi
Reports: Project Coordinator – AGYW
Duration: 6 months
Who we are
Population Services International (PSI)
We’re Population Services International (PSI), the world’s leading Swazi-rooted and globally connected non-profit organization. We work to make it easier for all people to lead healthier lives and plan the families they desire by marketing affordable products and services that range from mosquito nets to contraceptives to HIV testing.
There are over 7,000 “PSI’ers” around the world. It’s a diverse group of entrepreneurs and professionals with an unusually wide range of backgrounds – from the medical industry to the music business – all with unique skills we bring to the job. We have many PSIers who have been with PSI for many years and have built a lasting career with us!
PSI/ES is a network member of PSI, a non-profit company registered locally under the laws of Eswatini that has been implementing health programs since 2001. Fully committed to measurable health impact, PSI/Eswatini works in close cooperation with the government, partners in the public and private sectors, and local civil society to deliver high-quality health programs reaching vulnerable populations with needed health prevention services, products, and information. PSI/Es integrate social behaviour change interventions with service delivery programs that help power our consumers to make positive healthcare choices. For over two decades, we have focused on key areas including increasing access to HIV prevention and reproductive health information and programs using highly efficient and evidence-based techniques. We provide SRH clinical services through community outreach and sites supporting consumers to lead healthier lives and providing sustainable HIV epidemic control. Our social marketing program focuses on condoms through a flagship brand called “Got it? Get it” which provides condom education and access for young people. Today, PSI Eswatini is supporting the Government of Eswatini in the COVID-19 vaccine promotion by employing digital and social behaviour change strategies to influence vaccine acceptance and uptake.
PSI seeks enthusiastic, dynamic, energetic, and committed individuals who are passionate to serve adolescent girls and young women for the position of Part-time AGYW ambassadors in communities. Part-time AGYW ambassadors will interact with AGYW in their respective communities providing information about the Girl Power Eswatini digital platforms services, activities, answering questions, and building relationships that help improve the health of AGYW. The project aims to reduce new HIV infections and unplanned pregnancies among AGYW in three constituencies: Hhukwini, Mtfongwaneni and Ntondozi Inkhundla.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Part-time AGYW digital ambassadors will interact with AGYW in their respective communities providing information about the Girl Power Eswatini digital platforms services, activities, responding to questions and building relationships that help improve the health of AGYW.
- Mobilize AGYW to access SRH and HIV information on the Girl Power Eswatini (GPE) digital platforms (Facebook, TikTok and WhatsApp chatbot).
- Assist in the development of social media content (Facebook and TikTok), reviewing and approving content.
- Participating in project activities such as project-related meetings (ASRH core team meetings, TWG, e.t.c), community meetings, and other public gatherings.
- Promoting GPE project through outreaches/ campaigns to educate and inform the AGYW from their communities about the digital tools, the information available, and how they can easily access it.
- Represent PSI at relevant meetings, workshops and trainings as needed.
- Perform other related duties as required.
What are we looking for?
The candidate we hire will embody PSI’s corporate values:
- Measurement: You use hard evidence to make decisions and guide your work. You set clear goalposts in advance and explain clearly if you need to move them.
- Pragmatism: You’ll strive to deliver the best possible result with the resources available. You won’t be paralyzed by a need to make things perfect.
- Honesty: You own your mistakes and are open about your shortcomings – it’s the only way you’ll learn and improve.
- Collaboration: You’ll quickly establish a mental map of whom you can rely on for what, on your team, at headquarters, and in our country offices – if you try to do it all yourself, you won’t succeed.
- Trust: You accept limits to your sphere of control and give colleagues the benefit of the doubt
- Commitment: You are in it for the long-haul and want to grow with the organization, just like PSI serves its consumers and partners with host-country governments through thick and thin.
- Minimum ‘O’ level certificate, any other qualification can be an added advantage.
- Females between the ages of 18 to 29 years old.
- Have a strong interest in working with AGYW, the public and vulnerable populations.
- Ability to read, write and speak English and Siswati well.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Can role model positive behaviours to their peers, a follow instructions and procedures well.
- Must have experience with community outreach, mobilizations and good communication skills.
- Must be bilingual and have experience working with limited English proficient AGYW.
- Applicants from the mentioned constituencies are most preferred.
Application letters and curriculum vitae must be sent via email to email@example.com, no later than 12th March 2023 citing the position applied for, Name and Surname in the email subject. No calls, please, No posted or hand delivered applications will be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, sexual orientation, or disability.