OPEN TO: ALL INTERESTED CANDIDATES
POSITION: PEACE CORPS MEDICAL OFFICER
OPENING DATE: 28 JULY 2020
CLOSING DATE: 07 AUGUST 2020
WORK HOURS: 40 HOURS PER WEEK (WITH OVERTIME COMPENSATION HOURS)
The United States Peace Corps seeks a Medical Doctor to serve as a contracted Peace Corps Medical Officer (PCMO) based in Eswatini The PCMO will provide health care to U.S. Peace Corps Volunteers in Eswatini and will work under the supervision of the Peace Corps Country Director in Eswatini and the Peace Corps Office of Medical Services in Washington DC.
• Routine primary health care to Peace Corps Trainees and Volunteers including treatment of common illnesses and injuries in accordance with Peace Corps medical guidelines
• Individual short-term counseling on disease prevention, adjustment issues, stress management and cross-cultural problems
• Response to emergency medical situations
• Member of Senior Peace Corps staff in Eswatini
• Ability to conduct trainings on health related issues
• Site visits to Peace Corps Volunteers throughout Eswatini
• Administrative tasks of the medical office including budget management
• Inventory of medical supplies and equipment
• Alternate 24 hour on- call duty with the other PCMO’s
Qualifications and Requirements:
• Graduate of accredited school MDs must be a graduate of a school listed in this link, Foundation for Advancement of International Medical Education and Research https://search.wdoms.org/
• Current license to practice
• Relevant clinical experience in primary care after medical school
• Ability to communicate effectively in oral (written English.
• Experience in managing mental health issues including counseling of patients
• Experience in training design and presentation of health related material
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, Outlook
• Program management, administrative experience
• Ability to work effectively as part of an intercultural team
• Hardworking, reliable and diligent with good inter-personal skills
• Willing to travel to sites in Eswatini
• Ability to work with minimal supervision
• Must be able to obtain an American visa
Interested applicants for this position must submit the following:
1. A completed PCMO Application form, a completed PCMO applicant skills survey, a completed Privileging form. The applicant must complete this request for privileges depending on their professional qualifications.
2. A cover letter
3. A resume or C.V. that includes: • Professional positions held, identifying duties, responsibilities, dates of employment and reason for leaving Education and training, identifying universities attended, dates of attendance, degrees and diplomas. Professional licenses, certificates, registrations
• An accounting for periods of unemployment longer than three months
4. Three professional medical references will be required when an offer is made,with at least two being from medical colleagues who have directly observed the applicant in a clinical setting, (One must also be from the current employer.)
5. Photocopies of:
Degree from medical school.
Professional medical license.
If the license does not have an expiration date, written current confirmation must be submitted directly from the issuing authority. Please note, if a license is not required, rather, the medical diploma is the license to practice, written confirmation, issued directly from the professional medical board, Ministry of Health or other appropriate regulatory authority establishing that the candidate is properly credentialed for medical practice, is required.
6. The candidate should also provide the following:
a. Date of birth
b. Place of birth
d. Passport number
e. Passport issue date
f. Passport expiration date
All documents must be in English.
Official translation is not required.
SUBMIT APPLICATION TO: SZfirstname.lastname@example.org
Attention: Peace Corps Administrative Officer
Salary plus Allowance and Bonus:
Salary is the commensurate with experience. In addition a 13th month bonus, meal and Miscellaneous Allowance as well as Health and Social Security Insurance are provided.
To be considered for this position, applicants should submit the following: 1)CV, 2) Salary history, 3) a separate statement specifically describing how they meet the mandatory and desired requirements, and 4) a copy of a valid driver’s licence. Failure to submit all of the required items will result in your application not being considered.
Send this information to: (Women are encouraged to apply)
Attention: Recruitment Team (PCMO) U.S Peace Corps P.O Box 2797. Mbabane Or email with Subject Line “Attention: Recruitment Team (PCMO)” to SZemail@example.com
Employment is contingent on successfully completing a security background check. Only short listed candidates will be contracted. Applicants who don’t get response after 4 weeks, should know they were unsuccessful.
The United States Peace Corps is an Equal Opportunity Employer.