CERBA LANCET AFRICA ESWATINI HAS THE FOLLOWING VACANCY
THE POSITION WILL BE BASED AT PIGG’S PEAK
THIS POSITION IS A PERMANENT POSITION.
PHLEBOTOMY TECHNICIAN X1
Key Competency Requirements
- Grade 12 or Equivalent in Eswatini Form 5
- The minimum qualification in HIV testing and Counselling including rapid testing and
- Appropriate Drivers License
- 0-1 Year Relevant Working Experience
Key Competency Responsibilities:
- Ensure that patients/clients from whom a blood or other specimen (e.g. body fluids, tissue and excretion) is to be taken, are correctly identified and educated about the actual procedure and their rights, in compliance with relevant standard operating procedures.
- Draw blood and collects non-blood specimens from patients/ clients at various locations, using the correct and sterile equipment in a manner that will yield the best results. This may include the use of Point of Care (POC) biomedical instrumentation systems and rapid testing kits for pathology.
- Observe the physical condition of patients during blood taking and applies sound first aid practices to ensure the safety and comfort of patients/ clients.
- Ensure that bio-hazardous waste is disposed of in the correct manner to comply with relevant safety protocols and standard operating procedures.
- Keep records of specimens collected and ensures that all patient details and clinical information is accurately recorded.
- Ensure dispatching of specimens for processing in accordance with prescribed standard operating procedures and monitors progress and filing of reports, including handling queries and report delivery, in line with prescribed turn around requirements.
- Monitor stock levels of all collection materials, including venesection “bleeding” bags, and order additional stock to ensure the availability of required materials at all times.
- Implement sound housekeeping procedures and work effectively with others as a member of a team to ensure a safe working environment in accordance with relevant legislation and all safety protocols. This includes the on-going maintenance of quality control standards, adherence to infection control measures and participation (as per delegated responsibilities) in the preparation process for internal and external quality control audits.
- Represent the organisation by applying the principles of customer care in the medical pathology field and interacts professionally and ethically with patients, clients, doctors and other hospital staff.
- Assist pathologists with special procedures (e.g. bone marrows, fine needle aspirates, sweat tests, pap smears, etc.) when required and in compliance with relevant working instructions and standard operating procedures.
- Use knowledge of HIV and AIDS to provide pre-test information and support where relevant.
- Receiving cash from patients and ensuring banking of monies in accordance with relevant standard operating procedures.
- Report incidents, logs customer complaints and problem solution, reads documents and actions tasks on the laboratory information management system in compliance with relevant organisational policy.
- Administer sorting and distribution of samples according to set standard operating procedures to ensure the correct and prioritised channelling of specimens to various laboratories/sites.
- Processes sample registration (“logging”) and queries according to set standard operating procedures.
- Ensure dispatching of specimens for processing in accordance with prescribed standard operating procedures and monitors progress and filing of reports, including handling queries and report delivery, in line with prescribed turnaround time.
- Perform any other duties as defined by Management
Interested and qualified applicants are invited to email a concise CV, qualifications to email@example.com
Should you not have received a response by 30 September 2022 kindly consider your application unsuccessful. Application deadline is 16 September 2022.