Are you a qualified Plant/Engineering Maintenance Manager looking to take your career to the next level?
Maloma Colliery Limited, a Swazi owned coal operation located in the Shiselweni and Lubombo region of Eswatini is the place for you. MCL produces anthracite coal products for the Metallurgical market.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
We are seeking an experienced, detail-oriented engineering manager to join our growing team. In this position, you will play a key role in the overall success of our organization by planning, managing, and monitoring engineering functions. You will be responsible for overseeing various engineering projects, processes, budgets, and timelines and making any necessary adjustments in order to ensure successful completion.
- Maintenance Managers should be able to make sure that the plant is operating in a safe manner and without accidents
- The Maintenance Manager is in charge of implementing the plant’s overall preventive and predictive maintenance programs.
- Answer questions and resolve issues brought forth by the engineering team members.
- Create detailed engineering plans, processes, and procedures for engineering staff to use and abide by.
- Propose and oversee budgets and timelines for engineering projects.
- Check and confirm the accuracy of the work performed and the methods used by engineering staff.
- Conduct various tests and quality assurance checks to verify the quality of completed projects.
- Monitor and determine various staffing and training needs.
- Hire, train, and supervise engineering staff members.
- Communicate and collaborate with other managers, suppliers, and contractors.
- Prepare and deliver various engineering-related presentations, both internally and externally.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Other similar or additional duties are performed as assigned
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in mechanical, electrical and/or industrial engineering
- 6+ years of engineering experience, ideally in a management role
- Analytical and mathematical mind, capable of evaluating and solving various complex problems
- Leadership skills necessary to manage and develop a team
- Organizational competencies and project management skills to keep projects, processes, and the entire engineering team on track
- Self-motivated attitude with the ability to multitask and thrive in a timeline-driven environment
- Interpersonal communication skills with expertise in distilling complicated topics to a broader audience
- Ability to work individually or as part of a team
- Must possess a valid Driver’s License and must maintain an acceptable driving record when driving is a requirement of the job
- Preference will be given to locals (Emaswati).
- Building Successful Teams
- Communication (speaking, writing, listening)
- Integrity and Trust
- Safe Work Ethic
- Managing Complexity
- Reports to the Mine Manager
A competitive base salary (negotiable; depending on experience), plus large company benefits.
Applications accompanied by CV, copies of qualifications, reference letter (if any) must be submitted to the Human Resource Department, closing date: 10 December 2021.
NB: If you have not heard from MCL by 31 December 2021 consider your application unsuccessful.
Address: Maloma Colliery LTD
P.O Box 103
Fax No: (00268) 22079195
Tel No: (00268) 22073000
Email address: email@example.com