Premier Independent School is a private school situated in Mbabane on the grounds of National Baptist Mission (Pre-School). The school is founded on Christian principles since its establishment in 2011. Premier has been in the top ten in the Swaziland Primary National Examination results. The school enrollment is about 450 pupils; Grades 1-7.The school carries a multicultural environment teaching French, English, SiSwati, and Music with Portuguese in the pipeline. The school is in conversation with ISASA with a view to becoming a member.
Premier is inviting applications from candidates, irrespective of age and gender, to fill the following position in the year 2020.
The Principal as Head of the school is the professional, educational, operational and institutional leader. The Head of Premier Independent School will work alongside with the School Manager.
Qualifications and competencies required
• Possess a degree in primary education from a recognized tertiary institution and a professional teaching qualification
• Ability to lead both staff and students by being inspirational and strategic in setting high standards
• A desire to steer the school towards high technology orientation
• An understanding of legislation pertaining to schools
• Ability to work harmoniously with learners, parents, staff and the whole school community.
• An understanding of financial management of a limited budget, as well as an effective and efficient management of resources
• A willingness to work within the framework, expectations and values of Premier as a private school
• Be innovative, creative and dynamic as a team leader working in a primary school environment
• Ability to foster a moral code of behavior in line with the profession
• Willing to become involved in the extra-curricular programmes of the school
• Be proficient in basic computer skills (Email, Internet, Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and English Communication skills
• Knowledge of ISASA requirements is an added advantage
Please e-mail your application including a Curriculum Vitae and contact information of two referees to the Board: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Premier reserves the right not to make an appointment. An application in itself does not entitle applicant to an interview.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Applicants not contacted within four weeks of the closing date, must assume they have been unsuccessful.
Closing Date: January, 11, 2020