Southern Africa Nazarene University (SANU), a Private Christian University based in Eswatini invites applications for the Pro- Vice Chancellor Administration, which is a management position (tenure track). The incumbent shall be responsible for the administrative activities of the University in accordance with the terms and conditions of Constitution and Statutes of SANU. This will be inclusive of monitoring compliance with Regulations, Policies, and Codes of Practice of the Board of Governors, the Council and the Senate of the University.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. The Chancellor is responsible for administering the non-academic activities of the University in accordance with the terms and conditions of the Constitution and Statutes of SANU. The Pro-Vice Chancellor Administration shall be responsible for but not limited to;
2. Overseeing the implementation of directives from the Board and from the Council.
3. Chairing the Campus Development Committee, the Student Services Committee and the Chaplaincy Committee, and any such committee as directed by the Vice Chancellor or Council
4. Overseeing the work and assessing the performance of administrative officers and staff.
5. Chairing various University committees as determined by Statutes.
6. Working with the Vice Chancellor in the formulation and implementation of the University Strategic Plan.
7. Embodiment of the ethos and values of the University and inculcating these values in stall and students of the University through visionary leadership, sound administration, and ethical practice.
8. Exercise any other such powers and duties as may be delegated to him or her from time-to-time by the Vice Chancellor’.
Qualifications & Experience
1) Master’s or doctoral degree in administration or similar Field
2) At least ten years of increasingly responsible experience at a College or University.
1) Demonstrate that she/he is highly respected professional and with the capacity to provide strategic direction.
2) Excellent leadership and managerial skills with the capacity to supervise others.
The prospective candidates should have some knowledge and experience in the administration of a college or university. They must be dedicated to excellent in administration with strong commitment to professional and ethical standards. Must also be a committed Christian with the ability to model Christ-like discipleship.
Key competencies and experience
1) Academic credentials that meet requirements for tenure at Southern Africa Nazarene University
2) Good communication and presentation skills
3) Excellent computer and online skills
4) Good interpersonal skills
5) Ability to priorities and meet deadlines
6) Ability to work under minimum supervision
Applicants should send:
1) A letter of application addressing qualifications and describing experiences as well as interest related to the position;
2) A current curriculum villa or resume:
3) Three names of referees.
Applications must be submitted (preferably by email) on or before the 11th August 2020 to the following address:
Southern Africa Nazarene University
P.O. Box 6800
Manzini, M200, Swaziland
Southern Africa Nazarene University affirms its Commitment to the Great Commission and to offering equal opportunities.