The Baylor College of Medicine Bristol-Myer’s Squibb Children’s Clinical Centre of Excellence (COE) in Mbabane and the associated Satellite Centers of Excellence (SCOE) at Hlathikulu Government Hospital and RFM Hospital in Manzini are a manifestation of a public-private partnership between the Government of the Kingdom of Swaziland and Baylor College of Medicine, Texas, USA. The Foundation seeks to immediately fill the following positions
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Reporting to the Associate Clinical Director, the Pharmacist will be responsible for procuring, storing, controlling and dispensing drugs and other medical supplies to ensure efficient service delivery to patients with goal of meeting the COE mission of excellence in service at the COE and its outreach and satellite sites.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Directly supervises Pharmacy stock Controller, Assistants/dispensers and other pharmacy staff
- Ordering, storing, controlling and dispensing medicines and medical supplies
- Accountable for all the medicines and medical supplies
- Maintain an up to date inventory of drugs and medical supplies
- Perform and supervise annual stock taking for audit purposes
- Dispenses medicines and controlled medicines and counsel/ advice patients on their use
- Mentors and trains those who work under him/her
- Compounds and supervises compounding of medicines by pharmacy staff Provides current information on drug side effects, contraindications and interactions) to doctors, nurses, dispensers, technicians and patients
- Monitors the quality of pharmaceutical services and product in the clinic
- Collects Pharmacovigilance information from prescribers within the clinic so as to compile adverse drug reaction reports for CMS
- Ensures rational use of drugs in the clinic to minimize costs and wastage
- Monitors patient drug adherence at pharmacy level
- Counterchecks prescriptions to minimize prescribing and other errors Ensures the highest possible standards in drug dispensing
- Assesses and addresses training needs of pharmacy staff
- Participates in the training of health professionals
- Controls the clinic formulary (list of medicines the clinic holds)
- Advises nurses and doctors on available alternative medicines
- Assists prescribers in doses calculation
- Maintenance of strict confidentiality and professional etiquette
- Flexibility, honesty, trustworthiness and dependability
- Stress management skills
- Ability to work as a highly cooperative member of the team
- Ability to manage multiple projects with flexibility
- Ability to function with mature judgment, tact, and diplomacy, ensuring that policies and procedures are consistently complied with
- Ability to work flexible schedules, including occasional evenings, and weekends
- Effective verbal communication and listening skills
- Excellent written communication skills
- Ability to work with minimum supervision Strong organizational and planning skills
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Pharmacy from a recognized institution
- Five years relevant experience
- Certificate of Good Standing from relevant professional body
- Knowledge and experience in the management of HIV and TB.
Application Letter addressed to the Executive Director,
Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation- Swaziland,
P.O. Box 110,
Mbabane should be submitted to the Finance and Administration Manager at BCMCF Swaziland, Cnr. Somhlolo and Sigwili Street, Kent Rock, Mbabane or
By e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications should be accompanied by a cover letter, CV and copies of certificates.
Faxed applications will not be accepted.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 13 November 2020.