The Coordinating Assembly for Non-Governmental Organizations (CANGO) has vacancies in the Grants Management Unit (GMU). The Programs Officer will be responsible for the coordination and implementation Key Population Investment Fund Project with Community Based Organizations
Functions of the Position
• Support the implementation, review and monitoring of Annual Work plans for CBOs and ensure compliance with donor rules and regulations including environmental compliance.
• Provide technical oversight and management of the Key Population CBOs as outlined in their project documents
• Review and Analyze Project Reports including the guidance on budget alignment, indicator tracking and progress monitoring.
• Organize and convene consultative meetings with CBOs
• Organize training and workshops with stakeholders and facilitate training sessions as needed.
• Facilitate advocacy activities with key stakeholders
• Ensure the accuracy and completeness of program reports and grantee files
Education and Experience Requirements:
• Degree in Social Sciences, Development studies, Project Management or any relevant qualification
• Written and oral communication skills in both siSwati and English.
• Excellent communication and inter-personal skills, and the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues, partners, external stakeholders and allies.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team (ability and willingness to work cooperatively with others).
• Time management and ability to independently plan the performance of tasks.
• Self-motivated and pro-active in seeking out answers/ solutions and making recommendations.
• Ability to work under-pressure, meet deadlines, priorities workload and ‘multi-task.’
• 2-3 years NGO experience
• Light duty driver’s license
Interested applicants must send applications including a resume, cover letter and salary history to
Executive Director through email@example.com
Deadline for applications is Wednesday, October 14, 2020.
Please be advised that only short-listed candidates will be contacted