The Project Communications Officer will be responsible for raising awareness about project-related topics in the Kingdom of Eswatini public at large. S/he will be responsible for engaging counterpart organizations and also work with the parent Ministry to implement the LUSIP Phase II project activities and record their outcomes. An important role of the Project Communications Officer is to produce publicity information and press releases. The Project Communications Officer will report to the Project Manager.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- The drafting and implementation of the Project communication strategy and action plans to ensure greater visibility and public understanding of the projects’ goals and results;
- As directed by the Project Manager, provide quality control on all reports, marketing materials, and other documents generated from the project office with particular emphasis on those for submission to ESWADE head Office: Government Ministries, Financiers and PEU;
- Drafts weekly plans and status reports for submission to the client;
- As coordinated by the Strategy& Corporate Communications Manager, attend meetings with client and project partners on an ad hoc basis regarding communications, outreach, public relations (PR), and media related issues, program deliverables and reports, as guided by ESWADE corporate communications policies.
- Assist with planning, logistics and attend project events as requested by the Project Manager, provide technical editing and formatting assistance with program deliverables and reports;
- Manage consultant input with regards to desktop publishing, graphic design, and technical writing/editing;
- Assist technical staff with public outreach/awareness campaigns;
- Work with project partner organizations and collaborate with them in developing and implementing communications strategies of common interest;
- Work with project partner organizations to collaborate in engaging in public education/public relations campaigns to raise awareness;
- Daily monitoring of local electronic media, newspaper articles and other periodicals for material substantively affecting the work of the Project;
- Organize and coordinate with local vendors to host award ceremonies, gatherings and public events;
- Strengthen project documentation and knowledge management
- Show willingness to perform other duties as assigned by the Project Manager.
PERFORMANCE INDICATORS FOR EVALUATION OF RESULTS:
- Project activities executed in line with ESWADE corporate principles;
- Established and maintained good relations with the local communities and the media while ensuring visibility and coverage of the project activities;
- Organized various media events (briefings, face to face meetings, presentations, interviews, press statements etc.) and other local promotional events and improvement of the visibility of the LUSIP Phase II project activities;
- The content of the project sub-page on the ESWADE website and other social media sites managed and uploaded with up to date news, articles and other innovative topics;
- Documentary videos and other promotion materials produced while supporting the entire organization’s communication and visibility strategies.
- At least 2 years of relevant, professional experience in roles with increasing levels of responsibility required, 3+ years preferred;
- Bachelor’s Degree in journalism, communications, publishing or similar area required:
- Strong communication skills; Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Publishing applications;
- Working knowledge of ESWADE policies, rules and regulations preferred;
- Previous project work experience in Eswatini;
- Must be a team player, with excellent organizational, training design and delivery, time management, and communication skills in English and SiSwati, both written and oral.
- Excellent SiSwati preferable. Experience of international financier communications and visibility requirements essential.
Written applications are to be sent to, The Human Resources and Administration Office through the following email address,
firstname.lastname@example.org or hand delivered to the HR Department in Mbabane at the new MVA building, 3rd floor. Closing date for application is Friday 15th November 2019 before 1630hrs.
No late applications will be considered.
About Eswatini Water and Agricultural Development Enterprise (ESWADE)
The Eswatini Water and Agricultural Development Enterprise (ESWADE) is a government company established by the Government of Eswatini in 1999 to facilitate the planning and implementation of the Komati Downstream development Project (KDDP) and Lower Usuthu Smallholder Irrigation Project (LUSIP) and any other large water and agricultural development project that Government may assign.