The government of the kingdom of eswatini with financial support from European Union under the 11th EDF Water Harvesting small and medium dams projects aims to contribute to the commercialization of Swazi Nation Land through increased water storage and surface area under irrigation organised producer and water user groups business planning and marketing while promoting environmental sound practices and infrastructure.
The objectives of WHDP will be achieved by implementing the following planned key activities
- The rehabilitation and new construction of water harvesting infrastructure, including small and medium-sized dams and diversion weirs:
- Formation of Smallholder producers and water users group and development of downstream irrigation schemes, provision of effective extension support and strengthening of market access:
- And development of capacity and skills to use water resources.
The project is implemented by the Department of land use planning and development within the ministry of Agriculture. The project’s needs to complement their stuff with the following:
- Job Title: Project Coordinator
- Category: management and coordination advisory and supervisor
- Number of positions : 1
The key responsibilities of the project coordinator would be to ensure an effective and efficient performance of all responsibilities in accordance with agreed timelines and with the applicable European Union/EDF procedures.
Qualifications and Experience
The required qualifications and experience for the candidate will be:
- a bachelor’s degree in economics/agricultural economics business development,rural development, management or related field of study.
- Postgraduate qualification in a relevant field will be an advantage
Skills and Competencies
- in depth knowledge of European Union procedures
- project administration and management
- project stakeholder coordination and liaising with donor
- ability to build and manage relationships
- be proficient in Microsoft Excel,word,access,PowerPoint
- well-established report writing and presentation abilities
- ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team
A detailed job description can be requested from WHDP email address: email@example.com or can be collection from the ministry of Agriculture, Department of Land Use Planning and Development Mbabane.
Normal working hours :
Monday to Thursday : 0800 to 1645hrs
Friday : 0800 to 1630hrs
Application and Closing date
Application accompanied by a detailed curriculum Victor and certified copies of academic certificates clearly stating the position applied for in the subject line should be received no later than 7th July 2020, before 1645 hrs addressed to:
Water Harvesting, Small and Medium Dams Project (WHDP)
Ministry of Agriculture
E-Mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview. If an incumbent do not receive any communication within four weeks of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.