PSI/Eswatini, a member of the PSI global network, aims to improve the health of the people of Eswatini.
PSI/Eswatini seeks to recruit for the following position. This position is contingent on funding. For more
information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Job title: Project Manager: AGYW
Department: Adolescent and Youth (DREAMS)
Based in Mbabane, Eswatini
Reports to the Adolescent and Youth (DREAMS) Director
Commitment: Full time
Who we are
Population Services International (PSI)
We’re Population Services International (PSI), the world’s leading U.S. based non-profit social marketing
organization. We work to make it easier for all people to lead healthier lives and plan the families they
desire by marketing affordable products and services that range from mosquito nets to contraceptives to
There are over 7,000 “PSI’ers” around the world. It’s a diverse group of entrepreneurs and professionals
with an unusually wide range of backgrounds – from the medical industry to the music business – all with
unique skills we bring to the job. We have many PSIers who have been with PSI for many years and have
built a lasting career with us!
PSI/ES is a network member of PSI, a nonprofit company registered locally under the laws of Eswatini that
has been implementing health programs since 2001. Fully committed to measurable health impact,
PSI/Eswatini works in close cooperation with government, partners in the public and private sectors and
local civil society to deliver high quality health programs reaching vulnerable populations with needed
health prevention services, products and information. The organization is currently implementing HIV
prevention programs including community-based HIV testing services, linkage to care and treatment,
treatment initiation, voluntary medical male circumcision, non-communicable diseases (NCD) screening,
diagnosis and linkage to treatment and condom promotion and distribution, employing both fixed site and
mobile outreach models. All services are accompanied by market development strategies and social
behavior change communication.
PSI seeks an enthusiastic, dynamic, energetic, and committed individual who is passionate to serve
adolescent girls and young women for the position of Project Manager within PSI Eswatini team. She/he
works within PSI Eswatini to lead the overall implementation of Girl-powered approach to integrating HIV
and SRH services for Adolescent Girls and Young Women (AGYW) funded through a Maverick Venture,
manage stakeholder engagement and all reporting requirements. She/he will ensure technical quality,
adherence to workplans, milestones and deliverables of the project are met.
Sound like you? Read on.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Lead all of the project activities identified in the proposal and workplan (planning,
implementation, coordination, monitoring and reporting) to make it as efficient and effective as possible.
• Manage the MoH co-design of the project in close collaboration with AGYW and management Senior Management Team.
• Actively coordinate with the project stakeholders and PSI senior management team for obtaining advise, knowledge sharing and application
• Utilize PSI marketing strategic approach that include insight gathering from primary and secondary evidence, user experience design, rapid prototyping, usability testing and design operations for AGYW program implementation
• Work closely with the marketing and communication team to ensure the design of the project activities are fit for the beneficiaries and answers the needs of target groups
• Apply a wide range of qualitative and quantitative methods to assess and inform AGYW program
and operational efficiencies
• Plan and lead insight gathering and user-centered designs sessions with AGYWs and relevant
• Lead the regular update meeting internally with team to report the progress of the project and
the challenges to find the best solutions. And lead a call to update work progress with PSI HQ and
the Philanthropist Donor to leverage the Donor’s expertise and check-in on progress
• Schedules regular check-in calls with the donor and organizes agenda
• Responsible for knowledge management capturing and sharing lessons learned throughout the project
• Lead field visits and identify opportunities to collect video and photo content of activities
• Work with the DREAMS field teams to ensure integration of AGYW activities
• Represent PSI at relevant meetings, workshops and trainings as needed.
• Draft donor reports to give an update on the project
• Review all technical documents related to the project.
• Perform other related duties as required.
What are we looking for?
The candidate we hire will embody PSI’s corporate values:
• Measurement: You use hard evidence to make decisions and guide your work. You set clear goalposts
in advance and explain clearly if you need to move them.
• Pragmatism: You’ll strive to deliver the best possible result with the resources available. You won’t be
paralyzed by a need to make things perfect.
• Honesty: You own your mistakes and are open about your shortcomings – it’s the only way you’ll learn
• Collaboration: You’ll quickly establish a mental map of whom you can rely on for what, on your team,
at headquarters, and in our country offices – if you try to do it all yourself, you won’t succeed.
• Trust: You accept limits to your sphere of control and give colleagues the benefit of the doubt
• Commitment: You are in it for the long-haul and want to grow with the organization, just like PSI
serves its consumers and partners with host-country governments through thick and thin
• Bachelor’s Degree in social science, public health, management or related field
• At least 5 years’ working experience in reproductive health issues for adolescents, community
development, research, project management or related field
• Experience in utilizing human centred design approaches to re-design program initiatives and processes that increase efficient and improve user experience will be a plus
• Certification in a professional project management course
• Vibrant and passionate about reproductive health issues
• Capacity to learn quickly especially regarding organizational and project strategies, approaches and requirements
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Excellent report writing and presentation skills
• Computer skills: Microsoft office software. Knowledge of qualitative insight will be a plus
What will get us excited?
• Experienced manager. You have been a Manager of HIV/SRH services before.
• Capacity Builder: You have experience in building local technical capacity.
• Collaborative manager. You are able to support a shared vision. You have successfully helped your staff
learn, grow, and thrive in their work.
• A communicator. You have experience communicating with internal, external as well as national
stakeholders and able to communicate data and technical concepts to non-experts. You are also able
to design and conduct presentations that tell a story for donors and at conferences.
• A Strategist and an innovator. You are creative, innovative and a strategic thinker. You have a strong
interest in private-sector approaches to development and a proven ability to produce results.
Application letters and curriculum vitae must be sent via email to email@example.com no later than 20th
June 2021 citing the position applied for, Name and Surname in the email subject.
No calls, please, No posted or hand delivered applications will be considered.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Females are encouraged to apply.
PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages a