A career opportunity exists for the right candidate at Biolab Laboratories Eswatini.
Must have working experience in all 3 disciplines (Haem, Micro and Chem) Reference No: JE Ad 001
An opportunity has presented itself to appoint a suitably qualified candidate into the position of Medical Technologist: Main Laboratory.
This is a Clinpath Medical Technologist position based at the main laboratory in Mbabane.
Performs and analyses laboratory samples in order to provide results for medical practitioners to diagnose treat and prevent diseases.
Minimum Criteria Required:
Degree in Medical Laboratory Sciences / B-Tech Biomedical Technology
Registration with the Swaziland Medical and Dental Council.
2-3 Yrs Relevant Working Experience in a private laboratory
Relevant Job Knowledge:
Anatomy, physiology and medical terminology relevant to medical pathology
Laboratory information systems
Laboratory standards operating procedures and processes Experience working in ISO 15189 accredited Laboratory
Medical ethical guidelines in the medical pathology fields
Organisational policy procedures
Key Performance Areas:
• Performs diagnostic testing procedures, reviews and verifies results and interacts with pathologists on technical matters to provide all relevant data that may pertain to the prevention, diagnosis or treatment of diseases.
• Operates, maintains and calibrates the equipment used in the laboratory to ensure that it is operating efficiently and providing accurate results. This includes recording instrument maintenance and quality control results as well as recognising and resolving problems by troubleshooting malfunctioning equipment and taking corrective action.
• Implements sound housekeeping procedures and work effectively with others as a member of a team to ensure a safe working environment in accordance with safety protocols. This includes the on-going maintenance of quality control standards, adherence to infection control measures, correct disposal of bio-hazardous waste and participation (as per delegated responsibilities) in the preparation process for internal and external audits.
• Reports incidents, including instrument failures, problem solutions and reads documents and actions tasks on the laboratory information management system in compliance with relevant organisational policy.
• Attends training and seminars and participates in continuing professional development (CPD) activities to continuously update knowledge and skills as well as comply with professional registration requirements. This includes ensuring the availability of up to date records that can be presented immediately on request thereof.
• Performs on-site training of laboratory staff, interns, students, medical colleagues and associated health workers in laboratory techniques, processes and systems, if assigned by laboratory manager and deemed competent.
• Adheres to professional conduct requirements in line with organisational policy and relevant professional body ethical standards.
• Represents the organisation by applying the principles of customer care in the medical pathology field and interacts professionally and ethically with patients, clients, doctors and other hospital staff.
- Ability to work in a pressured environment
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Attention To Detail
- Problem solving
- Rule orientation
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information
If this is you kindly submit application with a detailed CV to firstname.lastname@example.org before the the 03th of October 2022.