Eswatini Standards Authority (SWASA) is a parastatal under the auspices of the Ministry of Commerce, Industry and Trade with the mandate of promoting standards and quality in local industry, commerce and the public sector. SWASA is the sole custodian of all issues regarding standards and quality in Eswatini.
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The purpose of the job is to ensure overall management and control of the Quality Assurance department. The Quality Assurance Manager will work with the Executive Director to ensure efficiency and effectiveness of the conformity assessment and testing services as well as their development and self-sustenance.
- Development and maintenance of the department’s strategy, policies and procedures:
- Management and control of Quality Assurance department fees and finances;
- Quality Assurance departmental asset acquisition and replacement;
- Establishment, development and maintenance of new areas of work for the Quality Assurance department;
- Development and management of the SWASA certification schemes;
- Coordination and maintenance of the SWASA certification services:
- Registration/certification audit and review programme;
- Secretary to registration/certification and related committees;
- Management of SWASA obligations to and relationships with national and other conformity assessment bodies.
- Ensuring a sound national quality business market:
- Establishment and maintenance of strategic relationships with Eswatini’s key economic players for the promotion of the registration mark(s);
- Collaborating with government regulators for the adoption and maintenance of the distinctive mark(s);
- Productive representation of SWASA in national and other forums as delegated by the Director;
- Membership and active contribution to the SWASA Senior Management Committee.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Masters of Commerce, Economics, Science or Engineering
- ISO IEC 17021
- Registered Lead Auditor
- A Minimum of 6 years in quality management systems auditing.
- Five years managerial experience in a quality management role
A detailed CV and certified copies of certificates should accompany applications which clearly state the position applied for. SWASA will only enter into correspondence with candidates that comply with the specified requirements and are shortlisted.
Applications should be received on or before 27 January 2020 and should be addressed to:
The Recruitment Manager
KPMG Advisory Swaziland (Pty) Ltd
Umkhiwa House, Lot 195
Kal Grant Street,
Late applications shall not be accepted. All applications will be acknowledged. Should you not receive further correspondence within one month of the closing date, please consider your application to be unsuccessful.