The Eswatini Center for HIV/AIDS Prevention Studies (CHAPS) is looking for a Quality Assurance, Training & Clinical Advisor to assist in the design, implementation, and monitoring of activities under Voluntary Medical Male Circumcision Activities in Eswatini.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Collaborate with MOH and technical working groups to develop and adapt quality assurance and improvement plans for VMMC services, including external and internal quality assurance audits and continuous QA/Q1 monitoring plans.
• Provide technical support to teams in: development aims, measures, and changes to achieve the aims; collection, analysis and review of data to guide ongoing testing of change; and presentation of results.
• Participate in the development of quality improvement training and learning sessions materials and in conducting these events.
• Conduct presentations at relevant technical meetings and conferences on results demonstrating quality improvement of all services ‘Support establishment or enhancement of internal quality assurance audits; train staff within the national VMMC program to perform audits and apply findings to quality improvement efforts. “Periodically review Quality Assurance processes/requirements.
•Oversee Training of staff, M&E and Quality Assurance of VMMC services and recommend improvements in the safety and quality of VMMC services and engage in mentoring of clinical staff.
• Conduct trainings on VMMC skills for both adult and early infant male circumcisions for doctors and nurses
• Participate in MOH led efforts to refine methods and systems for quality improvements of VMMC services.
•Oversee a team of Quality Assurance coordinators to continuously monitor the quality of VMMC services.
• Lead VMMC related AE and SAE reporting and management processes and ensure timely
reporting. “Document best practices/lessons learned in implementing VMMC Quality Improvements initiatives.
• Maintain regular communications with MOH and other partners to strengthen Quality Improvement processes.
•Coordinate in addressing incidents or Quality Assurance related issues across functional teams. Summarize issues/problems and drive towards solutions.
•A clinical or nursing qualification with experience in VMMC service provision (or similar) is required, Public Health qualification is an added advantage.
•A minimum of ten (10) years of progressive experience in the implementation of SRH, VMMC programs or related HIV Prevention care and treatment programs in Eswatini.
•Certified Trainer of Trainers for both adult VMMC and EIMC
•Previous experience working with VMMC service delivery and direct clinical VMMC experience required.
•Strong documented experience applying quality assurance and quality improvement principles and skills.
•Strong facilitation, training, monitoring and capacity building skills.
• Demonstrated experience implementing QA systems for HIV/AIDS interventions and familiarity with PEPFAR quality improvement initiatives.
• Demonstrated experience with a mix of practical technical skills in VMMC necessary for strengthening HIV service delivery at the regional, national, clinical, and community-level.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and concisely both orally and in writing.
•Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
•Ability to travel within country up to 80% of the time.
To apply Interested individuals should send their curriculum vitae and application letter to email@example.com
Closing Date: 12 January 2020
About Centre for HIV and AIDS Prevention Studies (CHAPS)
The Centre for HIV and AIDS Prevention Studies (CHAPS) is a dynamic public benefit South-African based organisation, offering a diverse range of services in healthcare and skills development.
CHAPS has grown exponentially over the last 6 years, expanding its services from MMC-related research, service delivery and training to primary healthcare and consulting (start-ups, financial systems, M&E), while venturing into new training areas.