All vacancies to be filled in as soon as possible, to be based in Head Quarter.
Purpose of the Jobs
To oversee the implementation of the Early Action and Preparedness Building Programme in Eswatini, assuring that BERCS’s wider organizational capacities to respond to future emergencies, as well as anticipatory practices in disaster management are increased along the project implementation.
Manage the development process of an Early Action Protocol (EAP) on drought impact, including preliminary risk assessments on drought impact, the definition of critical impact levels as triggers for anticipatory humanitarian action, as well as the selection of viable early action interventions for BERCS. Along the project implementation, contribute to an organizational shift away from responsiveness towards anticipation in disaster risk management (DRM), advocating for anticipatory approaches to DRM in the established network of key stakeholders in Eswatini’s DRM landscape.
1. Forecast-based Financing and Early Action and Preparedness Project coordinator
Qualifications: University degree in Disaster Management, Environmental Sciences or another relevant discipline; minimum of 5 years of relevant professional experience, with previous experience in project management, including monitoring and evaluation, as well as effective reporting on project implementation progress;
2. Cash and Voucher Assistant
Qualifications: University degree in Social Science, or any other relevant discipline; Minimum of 3 years of relevant professional experience, with previous experience in project management, including monitoring and evaluation, as well as effective reporting on project implementation progress; Excellent analytical skills with ability to influence decision-makers
3. Finance Officer
Qualifications: Bachelor of Commerce major accounting or relevant field from recognized institution, minimum of five years’ experience working with an NGO in project finance management position with a multi-million-dollar scope. Experience in using accounting systems.
4. Health Officer
Qualifications: A university degree in Community Health Nursing or BSC- Food science & Nutrition, at least a minimum of 5 years’ experience in community Health nursing or Food sciences / Home Economics. The prospect must have a proven track record of preparing donor reports, community development and NGO work experience is considered an added value.
Skills & Competencies
- High degree of integrity, discretion and personal conduct
- Flexible and adaptable to changing working conditions
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize, meet deadlines and work under pressure
- Display a certain degree of Computer skills, especially MS Office — WINDOWS 10 & excel
- Experience in Project Management
- A valid Driver license
Deadline for submission of application
- Interested persons should submit their applications electronically to the Finance and Administration Manager through
- email address: firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 20th October 2020 before close of business at 16:30 HRS.
- Attach a motivation letter and a curriculum vitae and of academic qualification to the application. Those shortlisted shall be notified by phone only and consider the application not successful if you receive no feedback by Tuesday 27th October 2020.