Chemonics International is a leading international development consulting firm based in Washington, D.C. with more than 25 years of experience implementing health programs in Southern Africa. Chemonics seeks experienced professionals for the USAID-funded Global Health Supply Chain Program — Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) in Eswatini. This project will be the primary vehicle through which USAID will 1) procure and provide health commodities, 2) provide technical assistance to improve partner countries’ management of the supply chain, and 3) collaborate with key international stakeholders to support global health initiatives.
The project seeks Regional Logistics Officer(s) who will be responsible for regional-level activities including logistics data collection and analysis, supportive supervision, inventory management, and reporting. The logistics officers will work closely with Regional Pharmacists and the regional Implementing partners to build supply chain capacity at facility level to assure continuous availability of medicines. This is a long-term position based in Eswatini.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Build capacity at facility level In implementation of the Logistics Management Information System (LMIS) at the health facilities (H/Fs) and ensure accurate and timely logistics data collection and data entry from all H/Fs
• Build capacity of facilities to adhere to supply chain management SOPs
• Provide ongoing training of H/Fs’ staff responsible for supply chain management in the use of stock cards and other inventory management tools, reporting and proper storage and stock rotation
• Oversee and troubleshoot the roll out of the eLMIS at H/F level
• Conduct supportive supervision at H/Fs and develop remedial Interventions when challenges are encountered
• Assist in the analysis of monthly stock reports/requisitions from H/Fs
• Assist in the development of quarterly LMIS reports
• Assist the Regional Pharmacist In their role as supply chain focal person within the RHMT and ensure that the RHMT is kept upto date with any significant supply chain issues
• Produce regular supply chain situation reports and trend analysis presentations for dissemination at RHMT meetings
• Facilitate communication between H/Fs and CMS regarding follow up on outstanding orders, expected delivery dates, order fulfillment, etc.
• Support continuous coaching and mentoring of regional partner staff in supply chain management to ensure enhance support to clinics
• Facilitate the re-distribution of health commodities between H/Fs if required (transfers) to correct stock imbalances and avoid stock outs/wastage
• Ensure availability of data for demand planning, forecasting, and budgeting at regional level for all health commodities.
Qualifications and Professional requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree in Pharmacy or B Tech in Laboratory.
• Diploma in logistics or Supply Chain Management is an added advantage.
• 3 years medicines logistics support experience.
• Thorough knowledge of Eswatini MOH logistics processes.
• Experience with Logistics Software Packages or ERPs (e.g. Rx Solution and eLMIS) preferred.
• Knowledge of the inventory audit process.
• Training experience preferred.
• Skilled in Microsoft products (Excel, Word).
To Apply: Please submit your application no later than May 28, 2020 Thursday, 5 pm via the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted. Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.