- The work schedule for this position is full time, 40 hours per week.
Start date: Candidate must be able to begin working within a reasonable period of time from receipt of agency authorization and/or clearances/certifications or their candidacy may end.
- Supervisory Position:
- Relocation Expenses Reimbursed:
- Travel Required:
- Not Required
The incumbent serves as the Post’s Nurse with responsibilities that include the medical care of Mission employees and eligible family members under MED approved clinical guidelines, as well as maintenance and inventory of all medical equipment and supplies, implementation of a robust vaccination program, administration of group and individual health education programs, and medical emergency contingency planning for the Mission. Incumbent reports to the Management Officer administratively and to the supervising Regional Medical officer supporting post clinically.
Qualifications and Evaluations
- EXPERIENCE: A minimum of two (2) years of post-qualification work as a professional nurse is required.
JOB KNOWLEDGE: The incumbent possesses critical-thinking skills and comprehends MED’s policies and procedures regarding medical evacuations, hospitalizations and insurance reimbursement methodology. Must maintain current knowledge of local and regional medical services that can provide care for all acuity levels, including better specialists and hospitals. Is a resource for arranging the best method to transport critically ill patients and maintains a working relationship with transport facilities.
- Education Requirements:
- Degree (RN Level) in Nursing or Diploma/Certificate equivalent from an accredited School of Nursing. Must possess and maintain a valid Nursing license or a current unrestricted registered Nursing license from the host nation, country of origin, or the U.S.
- LANGUAGE: Level IV (Fluent) Reading/Writing/Speaking English is required. This may be tested.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES: The position requires strong interpersonal skills and a client-oriented disposition capable of dealing with a complexity interactive challenges in difficult and emotional situations. Must have a solid working knowledge in Clinical Practice Guidelines and be familiar with American Nursing Standards of Care. Must be able to perform basic word processing on computer.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
- All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
Benefits and Other Info
- Agency Benefits:
- Locally Employed Staff, including Members of Household (MOHs), and Third-Country Nationals (TCNs), working at the U.S. Mission in Eswatini may receive a compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits.
For EFMs, benefits should be discussed with the Human Resources Office.
The pay plan is assigned at the time of the conditional offer letter by the HR Office.
- Other Information:
- HIRING PREFERENCE SELECTION PROCESS: Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.