Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the position Registrar. A successful candidate is expected to be knowledgeable about the functions of the Senate and its Committees. More importantly he/she is to provide leadership in planning, organizing and managing all activities related the admissions, academic records, registration and processing of results. The position reports to the Vice Chancellor.
Key Performance Areas
- Being responsible for effective administrative academic systems consistent with University policies and procedures in line with best practices;
- Overall supervision of academic administrative activities including admissions, registration, examinations and graduation arrangements:
- Interpretation of general and other academic regulations and ensuring consistent application of the same.
- Development and control of departmental budget;
- Collaboration with Deans, Heads of Departments and tutors;
- Providing secretaries for University boards and committees;
- Supervision of Registry staff,
- Serving as Secretary to Senate;
- Performance of other duties as may be assigned by the Vice Chancellor.
Required Training, Experience and Skills
- A relevant Master’s degree or equivalent and professional training in an associated
- At least five years experience holding a senior academic or administrative position (e.g Senior Assistant Registrar/Dean/ Academic Director) at a University or equivalent:
- Demonstrated understanding of University academic policies and procedures,
- Ethical practices and integrity:
- Good organisational skills;
- Ability to guide the Senate on the application of academic regulations;
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
Application including a CV, three referees and certified copies of certificates) should be directed to:
Eswatini Medical Christian University
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
NB: Only persons who meet the above criteria are advised to apply.
Closing Date: 31 October 2020