Based in South Africa, Gauteng.
Up to 80%local travel
Reports to the National Key Accounts Manager, PSI South Africa.
Who we are We’re Population Services International (PSI), the world’s leading non-profit social marketing organization. We work to make it easier for people in the developing world to lead healthier lives and plan the families they desire by marketing affordable products and services that range from mosquito nets to contraceptives to HIV testing. There are over 9,000 “PSI’ers” around the world. It’s a diverse group of entrepreneurs and professionals with an unusually wide range of backgrounds -from the medical industry to the music business – all with unique skills we bring to the job.
Population Services International South Africa (“PSI SA”) has its roots in the successful condom social marketing (“CSM”) program originally managed by Society for Family Health (“5FH”) in South Africa.
PSI, SA was registered as a foreign non-profit company under the South African Companies Act 2008 in line with section 28 of the Companies Act 2008 on 3rd July, 2013, and is a South African branch of Population Services International USA, a 501(c) (3) registered non-profit organization (“NPO”).
PSI is now moving forward with a Social Enterprise (SE) approach in key markets including the Southern, Eastern & West Africa markets. This approach includes using commercial models, appropriate marketing and pricing strategies as well as significant procurement and operational efficiencies to provide affordable pricing while moving towards sustainable funding in the medium to long term.
Encompassed in PSI’s vision is sustainably improving Sexual Reproductive Health & Rights (SRHR) among young women in Southern Africa by reinvigorating and refocusing SRHR efforts to include the delivery of health impact using cutting edge marketing and business strategies that are increasingly self-reliant.
We are looking for a Sales Representative to service the eSwatini customer base for PSI South Africa, Social Enterprise. To provide support to PSI’s in achieving its organizational and Social Enterprise objectives. This position will be an integral member of the within Social Enterprise and will be responsible for maximizing the organization’s sales potential, crafting sales plans and justifying those plans to upper management of the of PSI’s Social Enterprises as well as supporting the Social Enterprise teams in the execution of the marketing and business develop-mentand strategy. The Sales Representative will ensure that the Social Enterprise agenda is driven at the moment of truth at the point of sale with the customer at ground roots level.
Sounds like you? Read on.
• Increase the customer base in the assigned regions.
• Achieve agreed sales, productivity and performance targets within the prescribed territory.
• Promote the PSI range of sexual wellbeing and any products prescribed, to the assigned customers groups serviced by Social Enterprise.
• Assigned customer visits as per Call Schedule.
• Establish, develop and maintain positive business and customer relationships.
• Ensure merchandisers in store, conduct stock rotation, uphold stock pressures in store.
• Keep abreast of best practices and promotional trends.
• Present, promote and sell the sexual wellbeing category using solid arguments to existing and prospective customers.
• Lead the budgeting, planning, analysis and reporting activities for the assigned markets
• Achieve sales target, both value and volume, assigned to customer groups.
• Drive distribution and assortment across all customers in the assigned territory.
• Monthly forecasts by customers shared with the Regional Sales Manager to input into business forecast.
• Adherence to call schedule as per the designed route list.
• Negotiate display space in store at the discretionary measures prescribed by the National Key Account Manager
• Conduct a monthly store performance review
What are we looking for?
Strong alignment with PSI Values
• Measurement: Evidence, research, metrics and evaluation inform our choices.
• Pragmatism: We strive for excellence, but useful and timely are better than perfect.
• Honesty: We act with integrity, share what we achieve, and admit when we fail.
• Collaboration: Active partnering drives impact.
• Trust: We have confidence in our people to make good decisions.
• Commitment: We build local capacity and programs that last.
• 3+ work experience as a sales representative in the FMCG/ Pharmaceutical space.
• Knowledge of basic Microsoft Office for reporting purposes
• Highly motivated and target driven
• Relationship management skills
• Excellent selling, communicating and negotiation skills
• 3-year Diploma/ Degree or an equivalent in Sales/ Marketing or Business Management
What would get us excited?
• Demonstrable ability to execute fully in the above role
• Motivated, high-potential performer, with demonstrated ability to influence and lead
• Proactive problem solver
• Strong communicator with excellent interpersonal skills
• Able to navigate within various functions in the organization
• Able to solve complex problems and successfully manage ambiguity and unexpected change
• Teachable and embracing of best practices and feedback as a means of continuous improvement
• Consistently high achiever marked by perseverance, humility and a positive outlook in the face of challenges
Application letters and curriculum vitae must be sent via email to email@example.com no later than 9th April 2021 citing the position applied for, Name and Surname in the email subject.
No calls, please, No posted or hand delivered applications will be considered.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of actual or perceived race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, personal appearance, matriculation, political affiliation, family status or responsibilities, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, childbirth, related medical conditions or breastfeeding, genetic information, amnesty, veteran, special disabled veteran or uniform service member status or employment status.