Montessori life Primary Is seeking to recruit a School Bursar to ensure the smooth financial and operative management of the School. The applicant should be flexible and have good communication skills. The candidate will work closely with parents of the School, the School Management and School Board.
The duties of the Bursar are to oversee the day to day operation of the School’s financial services including budget management, procurement, debt collecting, payments of suppliers and set up of financial administrative tasks (e.g. managing employment contracts, ensuring compliance with government requirements, building and equipment maintenance). Ultimately this is a wide ranging post that encompasses the overall management of the School Office. To be successful in this role, you should be able to perform multiple tasks in a timely manner and under minimum supervision. The candidate must be a team player, highly motivated, qualified and come with previous successful experience in financial management.
- Strong Financial Management Skills
- Knowledge of accounting procedures and best practices
- Familiarity with budget preparation and cash flow management
- Solid time management skills with an ability to prioritize work
- Excellent analytical skills and experience in creating reports and presentations
- Computer literacy (MS Excel in particular)
- Relevant Accounting or Book Keeping qualification
- Prior experience of at least 2 years in a related field as per the job description
- Prior experience working in a school environment would be an advantage
- Quick books experience would be an added advantage
- Knowledge or experience in tax procedures would be an added advantage
Applicants should provide a covering letter, CV, three contactable references and copies of qualifications.
Applications via email only.
Closing Date: 29th November 2019.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
About Montessori Life Primary School
Montessori Life Primary is passionately committed to enriching the lives of children and their parents: to provide them with a safe, courteous, respectful environment in which to grow intellectually, physically, socially and emotionally. Our goal is to make a significant and lasting impact in the lives of anyone coming into contact with Montessori Life Primary.