SOS Children’s Villages Eswatini has been running Kindergartens for over three decades. Our focus must be on our core beneficiaries so the Kindergartens in Mbabane and Nhlangano will now be run separately as the Lihlumela Schools.
The objective of the Lihlumela Schools is to provide excellent child centered learning that raises responsible adults.
We put the needs of our children first and deliver excellence in our teaching methods that allows children to develop into the best they can be.
Our responsibility is building relationship that ensure parents and children are involved and active in their own development.
Applicants are invited to apply for the following vacancy:
SchoolS Manager FOR LIHLUMELA SCHOOLS
The ideal candidate will be hired on a two (2) year renewable contract, from December 2019. The position will report directly to the Board of Governors.
To manage the Mbabane and Nhlangano Lihlumela preschools, and to secure planned growth ensuring that all stated objectives, aims and targets are met to achieve the overall goals of the Lihlumela Schools. The position will take responsibility for the schools’ operations, financial health and ensure all stakeholders; staff, parents and suppliers are serviced to the absolute best.
Additionally, the Schools Manager ensures that all data entry is up to date and accurately recorded to ensure the ultimate success and efficiency of the preschools in order to meet targets both educational and financial.
Education and Experience:
- Educational degree or equivalent professional qualification and relevant preschools experience
- Background in Early Childhood Development or teaching
- Experience with relevant software applications
- Financial management skills – budgets, cash flow management
- Experience with report writing
- Human resource management skills and experience
- A minimum of 3 years in a management position
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Pro-active, hard worker
- Business acumen
- Ability to deliver on time
- Attention to detail
- Organization and planning
- Problem analysis and problem-solving
- Excellent and sound judgment in the best interests of the organisation
- Sound and responsible decision-making
- Ability to work under pressure
- Collaboration with all key stakeholders, staff, directors and others.
- Good presentation skills:
- To represent in a professional manner, the Lihlumela Schools’ brand in front of customers, supporting organisations and external partners (government, parents etc.)
- Finance skills:
- The ability to comprehend, oversee and assume full responsibility for all financial matters regarding the school within one year
- Oversee long-term budgetary planning and costs management in alignment with school’s strategic plan. This includes overall responsibility for the following:
- Prepare and maintain regular financial planning reports; 2 year, 5 year and annual financial forecasts, Monthly profit and loss (vs. budget); cash flow forecast, balance sheet
- Complete analysis of financial results; Develop recommendations (strategic and tactical).
- Develop and execute analysis of various preschools initiatives (e.g., opening new operations, asset acquisition)
- Develop and maintain capital budget.
- Assist in development of financial planning and analysis exercises/reports.
- Strategies and implement financing for the preschools, bank institutions, loans and grants where necessary and with approval from the Board of Directors.
- The ability to ensure that the school is run in a sustainable and profitable manner at all times
- Languages: Fluency in English required and ideally basic speaking abilities in other languages (siSwati – preferable)
- Computer Skills: good knowledge of Pastel (or similar accounting program), Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, Power point, Access)
- Own transport and current driver’s license vital
- Commitment to the Lihlumela Schools Mission and work ethics
- Willingness and ability to compete the tasks and objectives set within the salary allocate.
Lihlumela offers a competitive package, including a vehicle allowance to cover travel costs between Mbabane and Nhlangano.
If you are interested in the above post, please send a detailed CV and letter of application to; The Human Resource Manager SOS Children’s Villages, email address: email@example.com Enclosing a detailed CV and names of three most recent referees. If you are not contacted within 10 days of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Submission requirements are as follows:
- An application letter
- Electronic submission: The subject of the email should be the position that one is applying for, and the name and surname of the applicant. Example of format: Field Officer Position/ Thandeka Maziya
- Three (3) most recent job references are required. Character references will not be accepted
- The curriculum vitae should be submitted as one document. Pictures of CVs or pages of a CV that are submitted as separate documents will not be considered
Closing date for applications is 4th December 2019. CVs will not be accepted if and when submitted after the 4th December 2019, 4pm.