The Clinton Health Access Initiative, Inc. (CHAI) is a global health organization committed to our mission of saving lives and reducing the burden of disease in low-and middle-income countries. We work at the invitation of governments to support them and the private sector to create and sustain high-quality health systems.
CHAI was founded in 2002 in response to the HIV/AIDS epidemic with the goal of dramatically reducing the price of life-saving drugs and increasing access to these medicines in the countries with the highest burden of the disease. Over the following two decades, CHAI has expanded its focus. Today, along with HIV, we work in conjunction with our partners to prevent and treat infectious diseases such as COVID-19, malaria, tuberculosis, and hepatitis. Our work has also expanded into cancer, diabetes, hypertension, and other non-communicable diseases, and we work to accelerate the rollout of lifesaving vaccines, reduce maternal and child mortality, combat chronic malnutrition, and increase access to assistive technology. We are investing in horizontal approaches to strengthen health systems through programs in human resources for health, digital health, and health financing. With each new and innovative program, our strategy is grounded in maximizing sustainable impact at scale, ensuring that governments lead the solutions, that programs are designed to scale nationally, and learnings are shared globally.
At CHAI, our people are our greatest asset, and none of this work would be possible without their talent, time, dedication and passion for our mission and values. We are a highly diverse team of enthusiastic individuals across 40 countries with a broad range of skill sets and life experiences. CHAI is deeply grounded in the countries we work in, with majority of our staff based in program countries. Learn more about our exciting work: http://www.clintonhealthaccess.org
CHAI is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and is committed to providing an environment of fairness, and mutual respect where all applicants have access to equal employment opportunities. CHAI values diversity and inclusion and recognizes that our mission is best advanced by the leadership and contributions of people with diverse experience, backgrounds, and culture.
CHAI is seeking a strong relationship-builder, communicator, and organizer with experience working for an international non-governmental organization (INGO) in the areas of safety and security (S&S) and/or operations and staff support to serve in the role of Coordinator, Safety & Security for the global Safety and Security department.
The Coordinator, Safety & Security will work with the Regional Managers within the Safety and Security (S&S) Department to improve the delivery of resources and communications related to S&S at CHAI and to support CHAI’s global operational needs working closely with the Senior Manager, Safety & Security. This individual will be responsible for providing support to all global and operations teams, including day-to-day support and risk mitigation, and will participate in incident response efforts. This multi-faceted position presents a unique opportunity to build relationships within CHAI’s operations, country and programming teams and to gain an understanding of the risk management functions within an S&S Department, as well as exposure to the operational needs of an international non-governmental organization.
A successful candidate will need to be able to participate in team meetings across multiple time zones and to travel to regional countries and other locations about 30% of the time as relevant to work. This position reports to the Senior Manager (based in Senegal) within the Safety and Security Department. This position is to based in a CHAI program country in the Africa region, pending leadership approval.
- Acts as the primary liaison with all global operations teams.
- Shares responsibilities with Regional Safety and Security Managers for incident response management across all CHAI teams, with specific responsibilities for global teams.
- Identifies, trains, and manages S&S liaisons on each global and operations team.
- Provides operational support to the S&S Department, including the day-to-day work planning and execution of team strategies.
- Works closely with Regional Safety and Security Managers and Liaisons to ensure that all department delivery deadlines are met.
- Develops and coordinates accurate reporting to be shared as needed with a variety of audiences, including CHAI leadership.
- Manages and tracks incidents and develops all incident reports for CHAI leadership.
- Leads S&S-related training for individual travelers and new hires, including sharing all available internal and external resources.
- Develops and formalizes S&S training across the global Safety and Security Department.
- Maintains and routinely updates S&S Portal Page.
- Assist the Senior Manager in planning of S&S department team building meeting as required
- Conduct country visits with liaison with the Regional Managers as required to learn about the S&S challenges and operations
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- Operations and/or security experience (4-5 years), ideally with an international organization or global non-governmental organization.
- Ability to be effective in high-pressure situations, handle multiple tasks simultaneously, and set priorities.
- Practical project management experience, including working with various stakeholders across numerous departments.
- Strong organizational skills, including tracking and supporting multiple work streams for diverse colleagues.
- Ability to work independently while also collaborating on shared work with colleagues.
- Strong writing, editing, and research, with excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate effectively with people of varied professional, cultural, and educational backgrounds and under pressure.
- Ability to plan work streams in a detailed manner.
- High levels of proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and internet applications.
- Strong work ethic, supported by commitment and follow-through.
- Demonstrated interest in international affairs, risk management, and /or global development.
#jobreference2 #region4 #region3
Interested applicants should follow this link to submit their application
We regret that we will only be able to respond to those applicants selected for interviews.
Please note: Due to CHAI’s collaborative relationship with the Government of Eswatini, we are unable to accept applications from individuals currently working for the government