Location — Mbabane with Field Travel
ICAP at Columbia University, a global health leader situated within the Columbia University Mailman School of Public Health in New York City, seeks highly qualified candidates to serve as Senior IT Officer Eswatini. The incumbent will be responsible to manage all technical aspects of ICAP IT department. Including deployment and maintenance of computer infrastructure and early diagnosis and resolution of technical problems and issues.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Conduct regular assessment of issues related to computer infrastructure and mobilize support by the selected services supplier as needed
• Make recommendations about procurement of technology resources in liaison with ICAP NY IT Manager
• Oversees the compliance of ICAP-SD staff with ICAP/Columbia University IT guidelines and policies
• Ensure that the country office is fully legal compliant of all software licenses
• Install all new hardware, systems and software for networks with Service supplier
• Support administration of servers and server clusters with Service supplier
• Manages all system backup and restore protocol.
• Plans and supports network and computing infrastructure.
• Perform troubleshooting analysis of servers, workstations and associated systems and liaise with the contracted service providers for support as needed
• Document network problems and resolution for future reference
• Ensure all systems including Firewall are running and maintained at all times
• Monitors system performance and implements performance tuning
• Support user accounts, permissions, email, anti-virus anti spam
• Oversee software and network security
• Provide orientation to new users of existing technology
• Train staff about potential uses of existing technology and about new and potential uses
• Ensure that set-up for various electronic meetings, e.g, Webinars
• Ensure effective property management, reporting and monitoring of IT equipment
• Identify and prepare hardware for disposal as and when appropriate
• Management and coordination of the ICAP Server/ shared drives.
• Bachelor Degree in Computer Science and/or Advanced Professional IT Certification
• At least 6-8 years’ experience in technical or administrative position responsible for the operations, manage t, support and utilization of compute networked system
• Proficient in Internet related applications such as E-mail clients, Cloud Server, FTP clients and Web Browsers
• Experience in supporting Microsoft 365, Microsoft Office suite of applications
• Requires a thorough knowledge of networking essentials
• Other entry level programming, installation and technical experience is required
• Strong organizational, problem solving, report writing and communication skills
• Time management and multitasking skills
• Ability to function independently with minimal supervision.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should logon to https://icapacity.icap.columbia.edu and follow the instructions.
Closing date for applications to be submitted: Thursday 9th January 2020 at 17:00pm.
Please do not attach any certificates when submitting on line.
Only short listed applicants will be contacted with preference given to qualifying Swati nationals. Please consider your application unsuccessful if you don’t hear from us 3 weeks after the closing date.