Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for appointment to the position of Silviculture Forester at Usutu Forest Products Company reporting to the Senior Silviculture Forester in the Forest Department.
Under the general supervision of the Senior Silviculture Forester the successful incumbent will provide general day-to-day support at Usutu by inspecting operations regularly to ensure full compliance to company standards and execute establishment and maintenance plans to achieve seasonal targets.
Key Performance Areas
• Ensure optimum stocking within silviculture establishment is achieved.
• Planting and maintenance standards to be achieved through regular field inspections.
• Ensure the APO’s for both commercial and open areas are achieved.
• Ensure that a professional relationship with contractors and staff is maintained.
• Ensure contractors always achieve the desired quality and compliance standards.
• Take part in fire prevention and suppression activities to ensure fire management goals are achieved.
Qualifications and Skills
• National diploma in Forestry
• 5 years relevant experience
• Valid driver’s license
• Firefighting and fire prevention experience
• Positive and problem-solving attitude.
• Planning and organizing skills.
• Good interpersonal and communication skills.
• Ability to work independently and remotely.
• consider your application unsuccessful.
Applicants are required to email their application letters and Curriculum Vitae clearly stating the
• Ability to work in a team position applying for, to email@example.com or mail to The Human Resources Manager,
• Ability to work under pressure, at times for extended periods. Usutu Forest Products Company Limited, Private Bag Mbabane H100, Swaziland.
The Ability to live on plantation deadline for applications is 12:00 noon Friday 19th March 2021 Should you not receive feedback within one month of the closing date.