Ubombo Sugar Limited is part of the Move Sugar Africa Group, a leading producer of sugar and downstream products. Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced candidates for appointment to the below vacancies that have arisen the company.
Reporting to the Senior Inventory Specialist. the purpose of the job is to supervise the routine stock checks, ensure high standards of customer service and maintenance of optimal levels to reduce stock-outs, coordinate adherence to stores and inventory management processes in replenishing stock, housekeeping and maintenance of QSHE standards.
KEY PERFOMANCE AREAS:
- Management and reporting of stock outs and insufficient stocks.
- Stock replenishment and prompting of stock re-orders
- Responsibility for stock counts: computerized inventory counts, critical spares, agricultural chemicals. factory chemicals, and high value items.
- Supervise adherence to stores policies and procedures in accordance with Ubombo SHERO standards and job requirements.
- Investigate weekly stock check variances and prepare report for adjustments.
- Identify obsolete stock and recommend for disposal
- Investigate issue requisition rejections related to stock variances.
- Promote and adhere to Company procedures, policies and guidelines, including, without limitation. those relating to SHERQ, Competition Law and Anti-Bribery and Corruption (ABC).
- Diploma in Procurement and Inventory/ Supply Chain Management or equivalent.
- 2 – 5 Years stores experience in a supervisory role.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication. administrative and organizational skills.
THE JOB: Reporting to the Maintenance Foreman – Process, the purpose of the job is to perform a daily plant inspection of all equipment in section as per work order routine checklist and participate in the Risk Cause Analysis (RCA) investigations of breakdowns/deviations, along with operations shift personnel where relevant and contribute to solutions to avoid reoccurrence.
KFY PFRFOMANCF ABFAS:
- Perform daily checks on all plant under area of responsibility with the view to prevent breakdowns through implementing Preventative, Corrective and Predictive Maintenance practices.
- Perform routine inspection in area of responsibility, ensuring all defects are recorded in the Maintenance System and duly corrected through follow-on Work Orders.
- Participate in section RCA investigations for breakdown/deviations.
- Shipping, cleaning, overhauling. recording Information. repair and installation of pumps gearboxes, valves etc.
- Motor, gearbox and pump alignments.
- Install screwed pipe works and fittings
- Perform rigging work as required.
- Perform standby duties according to a roster compiled by the Planning department
- Assist in the training of apprentices and students by imparting the necessary knowledge.
- Enhance house keeping standard.
- Ensure that 55 principles are followed in work area.
- Ensure work is done to the highest standards of safety, follow safe work rules and not permit any unsafe acts.
- Promote and adhere to Company procedures, policies and guidelines, including, without limitation, those relating to SHERQ, Competition Law and Anti-Bribery and Corruption (ABC)
- Diploma in Mechanical Engineering or N4 and a Trade Test
- Minimum of 2 years post apprenticeship as a qualified artisan fitter.
- Knowledge of mechanical equipment. Computer Literacy.
THE JOB: Reporting to the Electrical Foreman (Outside Services) or his/her nominee, the purpose of the job is to check. overhaul, install, maintain and repair electrical equipment as instructed.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
- Install new electrical equipment, el. transformers, panels, motors, switch gear, etc.
- Troubleshoot faulty electrical equipment.
- Ensure network reliability by carrying-out repairs and/or maintenance of electrical equipment/machinery.
- Over construction work of Over Head Lines (OHL) and associated apparatus as and when require seed.
- Capture work order feedbacks on Maximo.
- Perform standby duties.
- Promote and adhere to Company procedures, policies and guidelines, including, without limitation, those relating to SHERD, Competition Law and Anti-Bribery and Corruption (ABC).
- N4- Electrical or equivalent certificate.
- Trade Test Certificate (Electrical)
- Two years post apprenticeship experience.
- Knowledge of the Continuous Improvement system.
- Self motivation and ability to work with minimum supervision.
These are permanent positions that offer competitive packages commensurate with qualification, experience and value-add.
Applications with detailed CV, copies of qualifications in PDF format and names of two referees marked with the title of the position the candidate is applying for, must be forwarded to the Human Resources Head, email address, firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 23 February 2021.
NOTE: If you do not receive any correspondence within 21 days after the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.