Pact is implementing a USAID-funded project entitled Swaziland Ready, Resourceful, Risk Aware locally known as (InsikayaKusasa). The objective of the project is to prevent new HIV infections and reduce vulnerability among orphans and vulnerable children (OVC), adolescent girls (AG) and young women (YW) in Swaziland. The project will result in mitigation of the impact of HIV, reduction in new HIV Infections, and improved HIV clinical outcomes for the above target groups.
Under the supervision of the SI technical lead, The Strategic Information (SI) Manager is responsible for implementation of monitoring, evaluation and reporting systems to ensure Pact and its implementing partners (sub partners) provide accurate data supportive of program and donor reporting requirements. The SI Manager is responsible for managing the partners reporting process including ensuring quality in data collection, collation, analysis, reporting and usage. In collaboration with the team, the SI Manager will ensure data quality assessment for partners is conducted quarterly. The SI Manager will also be responsible for strengthening the capacity of partner organizations through mentoring, coaching and training in monitoring, evaluation, reporting, and learning. Additionally, SI Manager will support advancement of use of technology for Strategic Information functions.
This position will be based at Pact in Mbabane.
• Assist the Strategic Information Technical Lead in developing and updating Pact Projects Performance Monitoring Plans as guided by Pact’s and donor requirements.
• Work in collaboration with SI Technical Lead in data analysis, program reviews and development of documents for publication, external dissemination and internal learning and adaptive management
• Assist Strategic Information Technical Lead to develop and maintain internal Pact data collection, collation, aggregation and reporting tools.
• Lead the use of Innovative technologies, data platforms and GIS mapping for data collection, management and reporting at partner level.
• Oversee the development of Partner updates on SI related issues.
• Assist the Strategic Information Technical Lead in designing and implementing of baseline, mid-term and end of project evaluations, surveys, and special studies.
• Manage the training database.
• Oversee the preparation of relevant Partner reports for submission to Pact and relevant national systems, such as SHAPMOS.
• Participate in M&E capacity assessments of partners, develop and update M&E Institutional Strengthening Plans for partners.
• Assist Strategic Information Technical Lead in conducting and facilitating MERL training that include Basic MERL, Data Quality Management, Basic Data Analysis.
• Mentor and support Partners in conducting routine data verification and data quality assessments
• Support partners in setting up reporting and tracking systems to enable them to report high quality data in an efficient and timely manner.
• Assist the Strategic Information Technical lead as part of Q1 team, in conducting site visits for spot checks and quality assurance for services offered under Pact projects
• Providing field based one on one technical assistance, mentoring and coaching to support partners in the following
• Development of M&E and DQM, plans o Conducting beneficiary feedback data collection and analysis
Qualifications, Education, and Experience Requirements
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Statistics or Data science and related fields.
• A minimum of 3 years’ work experience implementing monitoring, evaluation or research activities, preferably for USAID/PEPFAR HIV & AIDS funded projects in Swaziland
• Experience with quantitative and qualitative M&E data collection, collation and analysis. methods, including tracking outcome indicators
• Advanced level of proficiency in Data analysis took including Excel, SPSS/STATA/R, ArcGIS
• Expertise in quantitative and qualitative research and evaluation methods, including sampling and surveys is required.
• Knowledge of the logic framework approach to program design and implementation.
• Familiarity with and a supportive attitude towards processes of strengthening local organizations and building capacities for self-management
• Ability to work independently, take initiative and manage a variety of activities concurrently.
• A strong team player with excellent interpersonal skills
• Willingness to undertake extensive field visits to partners and interact with stakeholders
• Must have a valid driver’s license.
Salary: Compensation commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Qualifying candidates with relevant experience and qualifications are invited to submit their applications via email including a resume, cover letter, references, and salary history to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please be advised that only short listed candidates will be contacted.
The deadline is July 03, 2020.