TERMS OF REFERENCE FOR THE DESIGN, DEVELOPMENT AND MAINTENANCE OF SADC IICB PROJECT WEB PORTAL
The Coordinating Assembly of Non-Governmental Organizations or CANGO, is an umbrella body of NGOs which is membership-based and was established in 1983. In its inception, CANGO was a network of Primary Healthcare providers. With time, the mandate of CANGO was extended and is now the national coordinating body with a membership of over 70 NGOs. CANGO’s strength is in its members and we value the programming and advocacy work NGOs do CANGO previously had a website which was taken down due to issues and the quality of the website. Thereafter, a temporary website through a free platform was developed. The web portal will be used as a tool for communication, dissemination of information, resources for the public.
In 2021, the SADC Secretariat with funding from European Union issued a call for proposal where they sought to secure a partner to implement a Regional Integration Awareness amongst civil society in the SADC member states. CANGO and LCN collaborated in responding to this call. The SADC Integrated Institutional Capacity Building Project (SADC IICB) will support enhancement of this Regional Integration
2. SADC IICB Project Overview
The key objectives of this project are to generate knowledge, share knowledge and connect Civil Society Organizations to the SADC Secretariat on matters of Regional Integration enhancement. The project has three themes, namely (1) Knowledge generation, (2) Knowledge Sharing and (3) Connecting to SADC.
- Through knowledge generation, there will be enhanced understanding of civil society landscape in the SADC region and their contribution to the five pillars of regional integration as below: 1. Trade Integration 2. Productive Integration 3. Macroeconomic Integration 4. Infrastructural Integration 5. Free Movement of People. Under this theme, data and information on CSOs engagement on regional integration efforts will be gathered. This will be done through a Study on current level of understanding on regional integration and its benefits through an online survey in all SADC countries, a Mapping of relevant institutions and bodies who can be involved to enhance regional integration and Development of IEC Materials on SADC instruments/structures, benefits of regional integration for various target
- Through knowledge sharing, there will be enhanced understanding for CSOs on SADC structures and benefits of regional Virtual engagement between Eswatini and Lesotho counterparts will be done. CANGO and LCN will work together in organizing workshops, webinars and online discussion for countries in the region about regional integration benefits and SADC structures and policies which are relevant to this. The development of web portal for information sharing will be a major output in addition to a training manual and toolkit for varied audience. Publishing for varied audience will be done including online, social media, articles, media reports, videos explaining about benefits of regional integration and how enhancement can be done in this regard. Key leverage will be gained through connecting with regional networks and platforms for information sharing, ensuring a wide reach.
- Through connecting CSOs to SADC Secretariat, there will be enhanced engagement of civil society with SADC policies and programs on regional integration. Training of trainers on SADC and its various arms/structures will be done. The Web portal will be hosted at SADC Secretariat providing a one-stop place for information and continued.
3. Consultancy Assignment:
- Assignment Duration: The assignment timeline is to be two months after the contract between CANGO and Consultant has been
- Consultant’s Credentials: CANGO seeks a reputable consultant or firm with vast and extensive relevant expertise to design and construct a comprehensive web portal that offers a visible web The web portal should be integrated to the CANGO, Southern Africa Development Community Council of Non-Governmental Organizations (SADC – CANGO) and Lesotho Council of Non-Governmental (LCN) Organization’s website.
- Web Portal Qualities: The portal should be interactive and allow for chat box functionality within
4. Supervision & Contact
Supervision and contact for the consultant / firm will be primarily carried out by the SADC IICB Project Coordinator in conjunction with the Advocacy and Communications Officer and the Advocacy and Coordination Manager, the final product will be approved by the Executive Director together with the Senior Management of CANGO.
5. Web Portal / Scope of Work
The hired company / Vendor / Agency will be required to create (design, develop, test and implement) a web portal within the designated timeline which meets the following criteria:
- Interactive, appealing, highly usable and responsive web design: Web Designs are very subjective, we expect the hired company to show-case their best elements in delivering web portal design The design and solution must be easy to use
- Average site load-time should be reasonable
- Search engine friendly
- Able to render appropriately on a wide variety of functions designed to allow the end user to have access to feedback, comments, chat box and chat history. The portal should also allow for sending of documents
- Be Secure: The design of the solution should adhere to security best practices. The portal should have login/sign in functionality.
- The web portal solution will provide content/screen areas containing: Calendar, Upcoming events
- Should include sign up for News Letters / News Bulletins/ Information and Specific Documents from SADC – CANGO, CANGO and
- Secured & Authenticated Web Access Web solution should be secured in accordance with current best practices, for example through the use of an SSL Certificate and appropriate access control Access to web solution to be authenticated.
- Content Management: The solution should allow authorized staff (or appointed personnel) to edit and update the web portal including the ability to create, remove, edit and publish
- Knowledge transfer: Develop a user manual and deliver a webinar for the support staff and system administrators to perform content upload, system maintenance and
- Site Statistics/Management Reports: The solution should provide authorized users with a number of relevant reports, for example number of registrations for newsletters, site usage, and other relevant statistical data.
- Social Network Integration: Mass Email/Messaging: The system should provide a feature to allow link to Social Media pages for SADC – CANGO, CANGO and LCN
- Authorized content administrators (or other authorized administrators) to contact all or group/community Members. This feature may be used to facilitate the dissemination of
- Virus, Firmware, Hacking and Spam Control: The solution should provide an automated challenge system that reduces the number of viruses, firmware, hacking and spam control. There should be a function that allows for the comments/posts that either need moderation or slip through filtering
- Copyrights CANGO will hold exclusive rights to all design and other work products contained on the web portal. Should the consultant require use of the web portal in their portfolio, they will require written
- Proposal Structure Quotations should be structured as follows and provide complete details as indicated:
- Company Profile (Board of Directors, Office location(s); key staff to be involved in web portal and their relevant experience );
- Understanding of the Scope of Work;
- Proposed Methodology / Approach and detailed Timeline with Deliverables;
- Proposed Technology (with justification); -please highlight the pros & cons of the technology proposed;
- Team Strength (who will work on this project); Their qualifications and experience in similar task.
- Detailed Cost Break-up (Design, Programming, AMC*, SSL Certificate, Security Audit, Hosting* (* with recurring Example: 1st Year and for next 2 to 5), Maintenance;
- Details of SEO strategy and training of Project Personnel in how to go about creating and managing content; Analytics and web portal monitoring report capabilities;
- Consultant’s Sample(s) of similar work-done (please list active web address);
- Hosting Service (if you provide such services).
- Links to good examples of work already completed by the consultant once a contract has been signed, within fifteen (15) working days, a mock-up of the proposed web portal should be presented to the CANGO team.
- Latest Tax clearance Certificate
Proposals should be submitted by 30th July 2022 at 13h00. All applications should be emailed to: