Applications are invited from qualifying and suitable candidates to fill a vacant position of Trainee Risk Analyst in the Middle Office of the Financial Markets Department. The Trainee Risk Analyst reports to the Senior Risk Analyst.
JOB PRIMARY PURPOSE
To assist and perform duties pertaining to foreign exchange reserves management – to ensure that foreign exchange reserves are safe, liquid and earn reasonable returns. The incumbent also contributes towards the development, implementation, and maintenance of financial, market and credit risk management processes and policies; and measurement and attribution of performance for internally and externally managed portfolios of foreign exchange reserves.
KEY JOB FUNCTION
- Assist the Risk and Compliance teams in the development and implementation of quantitative models and tools for strategic and tactical asset allocation, risk budgeting and valuation of fixed-income securities to ensure prudent reserves management.
- Support the Risk Analytics and Compliance teams with data collection, analysis, and due diligence in line with AML requirements and the Bank’s Investment Policy and Guidelines.
- Gather market information and produce analysis on market developments in order to make informed investment decisions.
- Monitor Foreign Exchange transactions in the local market and international markets and prepare reports on FX assets and liabilities.
- Evaluate executed trades, transfers and payments through the accounting system of the Bank (SAP) and other relevant systems on a daily basis to ensure accuracy in order to minimize operational risk.
- Assessing and monitoring domestic market activities and preparing reports on domestic market operations.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Economics & Statistics, Finance or Investment Management.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Basic background in economics and financial markets concepts.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Analytical, Communication, Presentation and Reporting skills.
The Bank offers a competitive remuneration package commensurate with experience, value add and qualifications.
Applications with detailed CV and Academic qualifications should be emailed electronically to the Human Resources Manager on or before the close of business on 22st January 2020 to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications should clearly indicate the post applied for in the ‘subject‘ box. Please note that shortlisted candidates will be contacted, should an incumbent not hear from the Bank within two weeks of the closing date of this communication, please consider application not successful.
About Central Bank of Eswatini
The Central Bank of Eswatini, is the central bank of Eswatini. It was established in April 1974 and is based in capital Mbabane. According to the bank's website, the bank's mission is to promote monetary stability and foster a stable and sound financial system.