Reports to Lead Evaluator Ministry of Health M & E Manager
Duty Station : Mbabane Duration of Services: 6-week contract
The Transcriptionist will be responsible for creating written versions of audio or video recordings, meetings, and conversations. This job involves listening to audio and translating it into long-form text, reviewing drafts of written transcriptions, and liaising with clients and ensure approval of final documents.
• Completing accurate verbatim transcripts, and translating In-depth-Interview (IDI) data.
• Listen to the audio recordings and type into a word processing file (i.e. Microsoft Word) exactly what is being said in the best possible English and or siSwati transcription.
• Translate transcripts from siSwati to English where applicable.
• Maintain complete and accurate records and files pertaining to study activities.
• Prepare reports to track In-depth-Interview (IDI) transcription and translation activity progress.
• Review, complete study forms and ensure completeness, legibility and accuracy as applicable.
• Review study data queries and obtain missing or questionable data where possible.
• Assist in the development of study documents and written reports as assigned.
• Participate in team activities, such as planning and regular team meetings / trainings as convened by the supervisor.
Minimum Qualifications,Skills &Attributes
• Bachelors Degree in Social Science
• Proficiency with MS Office
• Proficiency in written and spoken English & siSwati
• Excellent typing skills (60-75 words per minute)
• A minimum of three years’ experience in public health program evaluation and operational research, preferably related to HIV/AIDS.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should send their application letter and resumes to the Ministry of Health Principal Secretary Office or email to email@example.com and specify the position you are applying for in the subject line.
Closing date for applications to be submitted is Tuesday, 15 September 2020 at 15:00 hrs.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted. Please consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us 3 weeks after the closing date of submission.