- As a key member of the CPS Transportation & Logistics Team coordinating a local team of Transport & Logistics Planners ensuring workload is appropriately balanced to maximize utilization and efficiency of all transport operations actively contributing to transportation strategies for CPS.
- Lead, develop and coach associates to secure on-time operations and develop performance. Lead Projects as assigned and contribute to the overall business strategy execution.
- Functional Strategy: Responsible for driving, executing and following Transportation & Logistics operations as well as all related services for promptly and efficiently delivering goods from/to our suppliers/customers. Measure and report transportation activities and efficiencies to accurately control performance and service level ensuring a positive experience for our customers.
- Leadership: Promote and support TCCC values within the team to engage the ability to create, innovate and succeed in all their personal and collective challenges.
- Project Management: Ensure Team is executing projects (with specialists) using standards processes and specific tools such as charters, risk assessments, Gantt charts, decision matrices throughout the projects.
- System Alignment: Accountable for driving complete alignment, standardization & consistency of transportation tools and processes across CPS. Accountable for driving alignment with the support of our CRM strategies across CPS.
- Collaboration: – Communicate and collaborate with internal stakeholders of the company (procurement, production, warehouse, quality) and external stakeholders (carriers, logistics providers) to ensure operational issues are addressed and corrective action provided on time.
- Invoicing – Control and validate invoicing processes with Carriers and finance teams, by ensuring on time invoice receipt by plant and perform Validation of freight invoice charges before passing to finance for settlement.Compliance & Governance: Ensure that all activities are duly performed against Company requirements such as KORE, SOX, etc. and local applicable legislation/regulation.
- OE: Use operational excellence methodology and lean approach to all activities carried out in Transportation & Logistics.
- Operations: Ensure rates are kept current & formally handed over to finance with up to date Service Level Agreements in place with all transporters. Ensure latest Government & International Transport regulations are adhered to and amendments are swiftly actioned. Be Power User for OTM and SAP within the team and Communicate daily with stakeholders on Transportation performance.
- Cooperate and follow instructions given by the employer (CCS Leadership Team), Commissioner of Labor, Inspector or any other person lawfully authorized to give such instructions in keeping the working conditions safe and without risk to health and injury in the field of that activity.
- Use, any means, appliance, equipment or other safety devise for securing safety and health as provided by the employer (CPS Leadership Team) for use and protection of the employee or property in any process an per the instructions given by the employer or any person lawfully authorized to do so.
- Report to the employer (CPS, Leadership Team) any situation as soon as it becomes unsafe or unhealthy, or where an accident occurs report such accident to the employer or supervisor.
Coordinating a team of 4 associates responsible for:
- the shipment of approximately 3.4M standard units annually
- Order fulfilment of approximately 60 Bottlers in 23 countries
- Inbound and Outbound Spend over SZL 60 Million
- Plan weekly shipping schedule to minimize Distribution overtime
- Communicate and coordinate with Transporters, Agents and Inspecting Companies to avoid standing time and inspection abortions.
- Complex network system due to geographical location increasing logistics function, and use of multi-modes of transport.
- Follow-up on agents and customers for the return of acquittal documents.
- Working closely with the Boarders to prevent fines/penalties due to incomplete transactions
- Customer Relationship Management teams & Warehouse & Distribution: Fulfillment of high level customer service within the supply chain
- Finance: Supporting in a timely and accurate manner of financial reporting of revenue within the system.
- Logistics Management Solutions provider within the supply chain.
- CPS Supply Management Team
- Customs Officials: Ensure understanding of the business to prevent delays at Boarder, and also ensure accuracy in declarations
- Inspectors: Ensure procedures are in line with each Country requirements. Adequate arrangements are made for shipments requiring inspections
- Transporters: Competitive rates, Hazmat and Coca-Cola Requirements being adhered to; Business Reviews
- Agents: Adherence to instructions and going the extra mile in ensuring that shipping deadlines are met.
- Logistics Management Solutions provider within the supply chain
- Quality: All shipments moved/shipped are to be delivered in good quality status.
- Supervisory Responsibilities:
- Team Lead 4 officers, Total responsibility of KORE compliance, Safety, Security and environmental compliance as well as other relevant requirements and Regulations. Accountable for team performance.
- Related Job Requirements/Qualifications:
TECHNICAL SKILLS :
- Transportation Operations
- Network Optimization
- Carrier Management
- Collaborative relationship building
- Project Management / Change Management
- Structured Problem Solving
- Good communication skills
- Operational Excellence
- Concentrate Experience
- Virtual Leadership
- Good understanding of Inco terms; Export & Import regulations
- Logistics & Transportation Experience 3yrs+
- Carrier Account Coordination 3yrs
- Project Co-ordination 3yrs+
- Minimum of 3 years in the shipping industry
- Experience in a manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of Customs& Tax Regulations
- Fully knowledgeable in handling of Hazardous materials for Exports
- Supervisory experience, computer literacy and demonstrated leadership skills
Educational Requirements: Indicate the minimum education level required to perform the job.
- University/Bachelor’s degree in Transportation/Logistics or Supply Chain Management or equivalent.
- Management degree in Business Administration is an added advantage
- APICs or equivalent certification
- Must be able to understand Swazi industrial and business culture.
- Fluent written and spoken English and strong communication skills required.
- High level of International Cultural awareness
- This role requires an analysis of customer needs re: logistic requirements and subsequent re-engineering of business processes to support these (i.e. Inspections and periods for processing documentation).
- Logistics of transportation requirements within a complex geographical location, and pressurized environment
- Analysis of shipment portfolio to assess and deploy resource requirements
- Analysis of shipment and recommendation for most suitable mode of transport and cost effectiveness
- Calculate analyze and trend effectiveness, efficiency and utilization within transport department.
- Analysis of Spend to drive value creation actions
- RFQ/RFI analysis and negotiations
Judgment and Decision-Making:
In addition to what officers judge & decide on, also
- Decide on traffic officer’s job allocations.
- Report performance issues and recommend improvements.
- Ensure all critical control points in all traffic meet requirements.
- Ensure an official authorization has been granted in cases of deviations before proceeding with the process in all cases.
- Position requires work in a food manufacturing plant with automated machinery and therefore requires strict adherence to appropriate GMP and safety standards.
- Must able to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Administrative duties and extensive use of computer, exposure to hazards related to industrial machinery
20% of our time spent on traveling to :
- Freight Companies/Agencies, customers, Ports, Government offices; Training, mainly within the 5 manufacturing locations of CPS.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Should you not be contacted within 20 days of the deadline May 3 May 2021, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Our Purpose and Growth Culture:
We are taking deliberate action to nurture an inclusive culture that is grounded in our company purpose, to refresh the world and make a difference. We act with a growth mindset, take an expansive approach to what’s possible and believe in continuous learning to improve our business and ourselves. We focus on four key behaviors – curious, empowered, inclusive and agile – and value how we work as much as what we achieve. We believe that our culture is one of the reasons our company continues to thrive after 130+ years.
Visit Our Purpose and Vision to learn more about these behaviors and how you can bring them to life in your next role at Coca-Cola.