INSPECTOR OF WORKS AND TOWN TREASURER,
Reporting to: Town Engineer
Job Summary and Responsibilities:
The incumbent will be responsible for performing routine inspections on all Mankayane Town’s construction and civil projects, public infrastructure improvements in new subdivisions, in compliance with relevant statutes and regulations.
Key Responsibility Areas:
• Together with Public Health Inspectors, conduct inspections of work performed by business owners and residents, regarding civil and construction activities required of contractors in accordance with approved building plans, civil engineering designs, town planning permits as per relevant statutes and regulations,
• Assist in the testing of construction materials,
• Implement Departmental objects as set out in the Board’s Integrated Developmental Plan,
• Supervise, monitor and inspect Board construction projects,
• Supervise or conduct a field survey, physical and technical inspections and investigations of topography, soils, drainage, and water supply systems, road and highway systems, building structures as may be required by the Department,
• Develop or assist in the preparation of engineering designs and drawings from preliminary concepts and sketches,
• Prepare construction specifications, cost and material estimates, project schedules and reports,
• Oversee tendering process for works and utilizing Best Practice (i.e. World Bank Procurement Guidelines) and purchasing procedures for Request for Proposals, tenders and other competitive selection procedures,
• Recommend trade, supplier, and contractor invoices and certificates in accordance with project specifications, field change orders, etc.,
• Assist Town Engineer with the implementation of the Town Planning Scheme, Building and Housing Act,
• Report non-compliance to Town Engineer and when necessary, enforce prosecution or other disciplinary measures,
• Enforce Urban Government Act, Public Health and Public Works regulations,
• Assist in Public participation and Civic Education processes,
• Manage and update Engineering, Town Planning and Public Health’s property, building records, plans, maps and other relevant documentation accordingly for ease of retrieval and identification of inconsistencies,
• Gather and analyze data from the Surveyor General’s Office, environmental data consideration/audit scanning, information form topographical and aerial maps, physical surveys of businesses, market vendors, transport operators within Mankayane Town,
• Provide proper, effective and efficient project management of all capital works projects including the proper supervision, of civil and construction works,
• Attend meetings focusing on Engineering, Town Planning, and Public Health as well as Administration of the Board,
• Communicate with clients, public and stakeholders through letters, emails, telephone calls, and progress reports,
• Administer, prepare and present project and application reports, as well as monthly and quarterly activity Engineering, Town Planning and Public Health recommendations and reports for consideration by the Board to the Town Engineer, and upon approval, the Board,
• Maintain an up-to-date register of all Engineering, Town Planning and Public Health enquiries and deal with them promptly,
• Inform rates hall of new infrastructure and properties for the update of the Board’s Evaluation roll,
• Perform and deliver on performance measurements pertaining to Engineering, Town Planning and Public Health,
• Assist in the establishment and set up of new Engineering, Town Planning and Public Health systems and procedures in compliance to the Urban Government Act, 1969, and relevant codes, schemes, statutes and regulations,
• Carry out other duties as may be required by Town Engineer or Town Clerk.
• Relevant Diploma in civil engineering, building, mechanical, electro-technical, and
• Membership of an appropriate professional body.
• At least 5 years similar experience at senior level,
• Very good knowledge and application of the Urban Government Act, 1969, Building and Housing Act, 1969 and other policies that affect Civil Engineering works, Town Planning and Public Health,
• Proficient use of Microsoft Office.
Skills and Competencies:
• Team player, results orientation, excellent attention to detail, autonomy, proactive, excellent report writing skills and good communication and interpersonal skills.
JOB TITLE: TOWN TREASURER
REPORTING TO: TOWN CLERK
Job Summary and Responsibilities: The Town Treasurer shall be responsible for performing financial administrative and supervisory functions involving the receipt, expenditure, custody and recording of the Board’s funds, financial management and the timely investment of funds, in compliance with relevant statutes, regulations and professional standards/ practices.
Key Responsibility Areas:
• Financial management
• Establishment and administration of internal control systems,
• Development of resource mobilization and debt collection strategies
• Financial risk management,
• Strategic plan development and implementation, a Development of annual budget and quarterly management accounts,
• Budget monitoring and control,
• Contracts management,
• Report preparation using IFRS,
• Payroll management,
• Compliance with relevant Financial regulations and policies,
• Information management,
• Asset and Investment management.
• Management of debtors and creditors,
• Plan; coordinate and supervise work of finance staff,
• Assist the Town Clerk with Human Resource Management functions,
• Relevant degree in Accounting or Finance,
• An additional post graduate certification in Finance and/or Human Resources Management would be an added advantage,
• Membership of an appropriate professional body,
• 5 years supervisory or senior management level working experience in an Accounting and Finance environment,
• Good knowledge and understanding of Urban Government Financial Regulations, Urban Government Act, 1969, the Rating Act, 1995 and other relevant statutes, best practices and regulations.
• Considerable knowledge of municipal financial management, financial accounting, payroll and billing systems and financial record keeping.
• Very good knowledge and experience in using Microsoft Office and computerized accounting software.
Skills and Competencies
• Assertiveness, strategic awareness, attention to detail, effective leadership and managerial skills, innovation, autonomy, excellent report writing skills and good communication and interpersonal skills, time management, good problem-solving skills.
Written Applications accompanied by detailed CV and certified copies of academic certificates should be sent to:
The Recruitment Consultant P. O. Box 1982 Mbabane H100 Or e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 13th January, 2021