Baphalali Eswatini Red Cross Society Headquarters: 104 Johnson Street, Mbabane
Patron: His Majesty King Mswati III
RE: WATER SANITATION AND HYGIENE OFFICER
Baphalali Eswatini Red Cross Society (BERGS) is looking for an experienced person who can be a Water Sanitation and Hygiene Officer (WASH) for a period of 12 months (December 2019 -November 2020)
To provide technical support to Silele WASH project, focusing on the infrastructure aspects, from assessment through design, construction/rehabilitation and to operation and maintenance of the water supply scheme.
Specific Duties, Responsibilities and Accountabilities
1. Train and mentor National Society staff and volunteers in technical and management skills
2. Conduct partner mapping and/or validation profiling their technical capabilities to implement the WASH Project
3. Strengthen accountability to beneficiaries in the National Society through program activities and ensure that each stage of the program considers gender, diversity and vulnerable groups.
4. Plan and facilitate assessments; reviewing secondary data, developing/reviewing tools for primary data collection, training staff/volunteers and reporting
5. Structural inspections of existing water supply schemes and making recommendations for rehabilitation and extension
6. Due diligence checks of hardware design — including technical environmental and social issues – and raise any concerns with the National Society.
7. Monitor construction works, including quality control, health, safety and environmental issues and raising any concerns with the National Society
- University degree in a relevant subject in water/civil engineering, or equivalent commensurate experience
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in Water and/or Sanitation Project implementation
- Able to work with volunteers in humanitarian organization
- Refined and multi-tasking skills
- In —depth knowledge of risk Management models and skills Ability and interest to work with Ms \Word, Access, Excel, and Internet based solutions and other —data based software programmes.
- Drivers licence is must have.
Application: Women are encourage to apply.
What: CV, motivation letter, certificates, etc.
Deadline for applications: 15 November 2019
About Baphalali Eswatini Red Cross Society
We are saving lives, changing minds and empowering communities in Eswatini to sustain themselves.