Southern Star Logistics has an exciting new opportunity for a Workshop Manager based at our Matsapha Depot to manage the fleet maintenance programme, vehicle maintenance budget and cost control as well as the purchase of replacement parts and equipment for our entire Eswatini fleet.
Key Performance Areas
Reporting to the General Manager, the duties will include;
- Managing the workshop team
- Developing and maintaining a sound relationship with operations staff and suppliers
- Managing the fleet maintenance programme
- Managing the budget for maintenance costs
- Relevant Schooling qualification
- In possession of a diesel mechanic qualification/trade test.
- A tertiary qualification in Logistics, Agriculture or similar would be advantageous
- Computer literate with a good working knowledge in word and excel packages
- 3-5 years management/supervisory experience
- Interpersonal skills with special emphasis on industrial relations
- Excellent customer service skills
- Must be in possession of a drivers licence, possession of a heavy duty driver’s license would be an added advantage.
Skills and Competencies
- Ability to monitor vehicle utilization and control of maintenance
- Exposure to fabrication technologies (boiler making/welding)
- Extensive and in depth knowledge of maintenance philosophies for a varied range of automotive and materials handling equipment, specifically,
- Service Scheduling and Planning
- Cost and Quality control
- Budgeting and Forecasting
- Knowledge of preventative maintenance programmes
- Deadline orientated
- Figures orientated
- Self-motivated and ability to work to pre-determined goals
- Must have sound knowledge of Health and Safety.
Interested candidates should email their Applications and CVs, with at least three professional references to Lindokuhle.Gama@southernstar.co.sz .
Hand deliveries may be submitted to the Human Resources Office, Southern Star Logistics through SSL Front Desk at King Sobhuza Avenue, Matsapha, Eswatini, by close of business on Tuesday, the 20th July 2021.
Whilst all who apply will be carefully considered, interviews will be arranged only with shortlisted candidates. If you have not been contacted within two weeks of closing date, it will mean that your application has not been shortlisted.